talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How Adidas changed Football

football forum

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when the Adidas Predator was released and everyone wanted a pair...  I was always a Puma King fan because Diego Maradona had worn them his whole career but a mate of mine that played in our Sunday League team bought a pair of Adidas Predator and he had the same size as me.  I tried them on and kicked the ball around...  To be honest the difference was minimal on the effect of the ball (although noticeable) and the Puma Kings were much more comfortable because of the fact they were all leather and none of that hard rubber on top.

Aside from all of that, it's true that Adidas overall changed the face of football and has worked tirelessly in the technological advancement (where attire is concerned) of the sport.  Now we have all sorts of sports brands in on it but Adidas with their football (the ball itself) initially are the real innovators.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I remember when the Adidas Predator was released and everyone wanted a pair...  I was always a Puma King fan because Diego Maradona had worn them his whole career but a mate of mine that played in our Sunday League team bought a pair of Adidas Predator and he had the same size as me.  I tried them on and kicked the ball around...  To be honest the difference was minimal on the effect of the ball (although noticeable) and the Puma Kings were much more comfortable because of the fact they were all leather and none of that hard rubber on top.

Aside from all of that, it's true that Adidas overall changed the face of football and has worked tirelessly in the technological advancement (where attire is concerned) of the sport.  Now we have all sorts of sports brands in on it but Adidas with their football (the ball itself) initially are the real innovators.

I remember we were talking once and we both agreed on the Tango being one of the best footballs ever made. What's really interesting about the Predators is that while they were good I always fancied their Copas. Had two pairs and I always say that those were the best pair of shoes I ever had growing up for playing football. 

Archived