football forum

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Bundesliga 2018/19 - Matchday 7 - 5-7th October
  • The topic was pinned
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, BartraPique1932 said:

The match against Augsburg will require a lot of concentration and stamina. Concentration? Ok. But where is this stamina supposed to be coming from? We had 7 matches in 3 weeks. Akanji, Witsel and Reus have been playing nonstop.

@Tommy move this thread into the correct sub forum.

Tommy wasn't available so yours truly came to the rescue. 

Anyway, back to football....

The match against Augsburg will require a lot of concentration and stamina. Concentration? Ok. But where is this stamina supposed to be coming from? We had 7 matches in 3 weeks. Akanji, Witsel and Reus have been playing nonstop.

Our biggest problem is that we can't give Reus a break. There's nobody who could play in his position and lead the team.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Veljkovic suspended and Harnik out with an injury... Still a must win for us. 

You probably called this a "must win" under the assumption that you're going to drop points against the top team and therefore have to get points against teams which as you assumed will have to fight against relegation. Did you watch VW this season? I don't know how this came about, but their first three games were really good and their latest one wasn't too bad either. Where do you expect VW to stand at this season's end?

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

You probably called this a "must win" under the assumption that you're going to drop points against the top team and therefore have to get points against teams which as you assumed will have to fight against relegation. Did you watch VW this season? I don't know how this came about, but their first three games were really good and their latest one wasn't too bad either. Where do you expect VW to stand at this season's end?

Yes, we already dropped points unnecessarily against teams that we should be beating (Nürnberg, Hannover, Stuttgart); especially if we want to have a relatively easy, uncomplicated season and finish in mid-table or above.

No, I haven't watched Wolfsburg this season; barely have time for it altogether. No idea, but I still think Labbadia will struggle long-term and they'll crumble at some point. The thing is, I think that with the exception of Bayern, the league is very nicely balanced this season; hard to predict who'll get relegated, at least at this point anyway. Stuttgart looked the worst so far judging from what I've seen, but then we lost against them last time, so... 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Neither of those things is that debilitating

Must win.

Yeah, Langkamp is a good backup player to have and even Bargfrede gets the job done as a libero of sorts, and there are more than enough options upfront so I'm not worried about that either.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Relling said:

Great performance by Pizarro!

He's still unbelievably good. Might not have the stamina for 90 minutes each weekend anymore, but he's still extremely fit and his individual class is phenomenal. Great passing, great vision, great technique. 

Also very happy for Jojo Eggestein; his first Bundesliga goal and hopefully it will build his confidence up.

Not the greatest team performance today and I thought we were too passive for most of the second half, but can't complain especially given the final score! Good stuff.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

He's still unbelievably good. Might not have the stamina for 90 minutes each weekend anymore, but he's still extremely fit and his individual class is phenomenal. Great passing, great vision, great technique. 

Also very happy for Jojo Eggestein; his first Bundesliga goal and hopefully it will build his confidence up.

Not the greatest team performance today and I thought we were too passive for most of the second half, but can't complain especially given the final score! Good stuff.

What are you gonna do when he retires?

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

I thought you were great last 15 mins of the first half and the first 15 of the last. If you keep that level you will do well. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived