talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last Man Standing League - Round 2 (Bundesliga)

football forum

• Subscriber

Welcome back to the game folks! I'll tag everyone who took part in Round 1 to alert you to the beginning of Round 2 which takes us to Germany. If you are not interested in taking part in this round, feel free to ignore this post, if you didn't take part in Round 1 but want to take part in Round 2, that's fine - the more the merrier, and finally, if you do want to take part in this round but don't want to make your pick yet due to the international break and think that you're likely to forget, please just comment "I'm in" below and I'll (probably) tag you a few days before the matches begin to remind you to make a pick. Obviously if you're not in for Gameweek One you won't be able to join in later on.

@Devon Von Devon @Dr. Gonzo @Viva la FCB @Lucas @RandoEFC @Panna King @Rucksackfranzose @Eco @Stan @nudge @Cicero @Rick @Mel81x @Bluebird Hewitt @The Palace Fan @Batard @Dan @Cannabis @Teso dos Bichos @DeadLinesman @shut up @DNA @Tommy @binder @Spike @Harry @robosys @bozziovai @SchalkeUK @StefBWFC @BounceAroundTheGround @JOSHBRFC @Storts @LFCMike @...Dan @Bluewolf @YNWA

You lot feel free to tag anyone who's not on the list but might be interested.

A quick reminder of the rules for those taking part:

- You only need to pick a team to win each Gameweek. If they win, you survive to the next week, if not, you are out of this round.

- You are not allowed to pick any team more than once.

- Your score for this round is the number of Gameweeks you successfully call right, plus any bonus points.

- You receive 3 bonus points for being the Last Man Standing, 2 bonus points for being second and 1 bonus point for finishing third.

- We can have joint 2nd and joint 3rd places but the Last Man Standing must be just one person.

- *Rule Change Alert* In the event that we have a situation like Round 1 where all remaining competitors are eliminated in the same round but we need to continue to find the one Last Man Standing, each player will then be asked to choose a "First Goalscorer of the Gameweek" as a tie breaker to speed up the process of determining the overall winner, and reduce the amount of time that the rest of the players have to watch from the sidelines.

If anyone has any further question, feel free to ask, but I like to think most of you probably know the score by now.

Preview - Gameweek One

Let's get straight into it then. Please bear in mind that due to the international break, these fixtures don't begin until Friday 19th October. Here is a list of the first set of fixture for this round - good luck to everyone that takes part, whether you're a Bundesliga expert looking to capitalise on home advantage, or whether, like me, you're well out of your depth and are possibly relying on some help from the price makers at the bookies to guide your picks. The strategy will be interesting this time around with a lot fewer "safe picks" each week than the Premier League and only 18 teams to choose from in total. My money is on this round lasting a few less weeks than the Premier League edition.

Eintracht Frankfurt (1.83) vs Fortuna Dusseldorf (4.20)

Augsburg (3.10) vs RB Leipzig (2.20)

Bayer Leverkusen (1.50) vs Hannover 96 (4.75)

Nurnberg (3.30) vs TSG Hoffenheim (2.05)

VfB Stuttgart (4.20) vs Borussia Dortmund (1.80)

Wolfsburg (9.00) vs Bayern Munich (1.28)

Schalke (2.10) vs Werder Bremen (3.30)

Hertha Berlin (1.90) vs SC Freiburg (4.20)

Borussia M'gladbach (1.61) vs Mainz (4.75)

I'm not going to try and feature any of my own "punditry" on this one. If anyone else wants to tip anyone with decent reasoning, go ahead.

My pick (for now) for Gameweek One is Bayern Munich because being a cautious bastard did me alright in the last round.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

A quick reminder of the rules for those taking part:

- You only need to pick a team to win each Gameweek. If they win, you survive to the next week, if not, you are out of this round.

- You are not allowed to pick any team more than once.

- Your score for this round is the number of Gameweeks you successfully call right, plus any bonus points.

- You receive 3 bonus points for being the Last Man Standing, 2 bonus points for being second and 1 bonus point for finishing third.

- We can have joint 2nd and joint 3rd places but the Last Man Standing must be just one person.

-The points table will be done Alphabetically as this is a much fairer system unlike the old one.

Nice one... 

I'll be honest. I feel the rules around how everyone in the final three that went wrong got a bye to eventually find a winner really tainted the enjoyment out of it. Nobody should have won and we should have moved on to the next game quicker.

I'm voting for Dortmund for JS7.

• The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'll be honest. I feel the rules around how everyone in the final three that went wrong got a bye to eventually find a winner really tainted the enjoyment out of it. Nobody should have won and we should have moved on to the next game quicker.

I'm voting for Dortmund for JS7.

Its called Last Man Standing, need to have a winner. I agree that it dragged though and that's why we'll try and finish it with a tie break in future.

I don't know much about the Bundesliga but this could be interesting in that I go into it with a fresh outlook.

I'm picking Eintract Frankfurt purely because they are home and on BT Sport on the Friday night, so I can watch the game with something on it. 

All Frankfurt aren't we.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived