talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last Man Standing League - Round 2 (Bundesliga)

football forum

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 22:13, Lucas said:

I don't know much about the Bundesliga but this could be interesting in that I go into it with a fresh outlook.

I'm picking Eintract Frankfurt purely because they are home and on BT Sport on the Friday night, so I can watch the game with something on it. 

All Frankfurt aren't we.

7-1 Frankfurt. Get in lads.

• Subscriber

Results - Gameweek One

Last Man Standing is back after the international break with mixed fortunes for the TF365 competitors.

Casualties (7)

giphy.gif

This round of the competition starts in disappointment for those who backed Hertha Berlin, unable to continue their 100% home record since the start of the season despite taking an early lead against Freiburg. The visitors' absolute Koch of an equalising goalscorer sees @Rucksackfranzose, @Batard, @DeadLinesman, @Cannabis and @Dan bid Auf Wiedersehen to this round without picking up a single point. It was a case of blind faith for @Tommy, who probably should have backed his other team Dortmund instead of Fortuna Dusseldorf, whose 7-1 pasting at the hands of Luka Jovic and Frankfurt on Friday night is probably the most convincing dumping out of a Last Man Standing competition that TF365 has seen in its short history. @binder also fails to make home knowledge count, Leverkusen only able to conjure up a point against the ten men of Hannover, Wendell infuriatingly missing an early penalty for the hosts.

Survivors (14)

giphy.gif

By the way, how much better are German clubs at providing easy GIFs for dickheads like me than the Premier League sides? Borussia Dortmund were this week's most popular pick with everybody enjoying a clean slate. The league leaders didn't need to get out of second gear in their 4-0 win at Stuttgart, and they provide a route into the second game week for @nudge, @The Palace Fan, @Azeem, @robosys, @Teso dos Bichos and @Bluewolf. @RandoEFC was the only one to back defending champions Bayern Munich at Wolfsburg this week, and wasn't disappointed despite a Robben red-card induced wobble for the visitors. Frankfurt were another popular pick this week and convincingly trashed Dusseldorf 7-1 to carry @Panna King, @Lucas, @Viva la FCB and @...Dan, a quartet stacked with Last Man Standing pedigree, safely over the first hurdle. A second half turnaround from Reiss Nelson and Hoffenheim in their visit to Nurnberg means survival for @SchalkeUK and a rare success this week for the Bundesliga fans in their home competition. Finally, @StefBWFC and @Stan are Glad to be Bach in a Last Man Standing contest, their pick battering Mainz 4-0 in the final match of this gameweek.

Congratulations to all fourteen survivors, you are now free to make your pick for Gameweek Two (26-28 October).

Preview - Gameweek Two

Here are the fixtures with odds for the next set of fixtures, sorry @Rucksackfranzose I know you offered me a website for some potentially better odds but I'm simply too lazy and am going to stick to Bet365 as my source. Again, no tips or punditry from me this week, you're on your own.

Freiburg (3.25) vs Borussia M'Gladbach (2.20)

Borussia Dortmund (1.40) vs Hertha Berlin (7.00)

Fortuna Dusseldorf (3.00) vs Wolfsburg (2.30)

Hannover 96 (2.60) vs Augsburg (2.70)

Mainz (10.00) vs Bayern Munich (1.25)

TSG Hoffenheim (1.61) vs VfB Stuttgart (4.75)

Nurnberg (3.50) vs Eintracht Frankfurt (2.10)

RB Leipzig (2.05) vs Schalke (3.50)

Werder Bremen (2.25) vs Bayer Leverkusen (3.10)

Happy picking folks. My pick for Gameweek Two is Borussia Dortmund.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived