talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheffield United

football forum

Other clubs taking the headlines whilst we screep up the table, now sitting top with 25 points, similar games as last season, where an injury to Coutts just seem to curtail the whole season. This time though.. who knows. With the focus on the yo-yo clubs and sleeping giants, we might just be able to keep plucking away enough to get over the line.. or am I dreaming? xD 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Definitely doing some good things on the quiet side! Everyone's focus has been on Bielsa at Leeds, Frank Lampard's Derby County, West Brom's resurgence after a shaky start. 

You and Middlesbrough (although not last night for them) are doing well. 

How long can it last...? 

I saw a table that said you're second to only us in terms of most xg scored and least xg conceded so your results are obviously backed up so far by chances created and not just riding a wave of momentum/luck.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Sheffield United in the top tier, shafted by London Olympic FC and deserve another crack at it. 

Should sign Messi and Ronaldo on short term loan deals for the game against HammAIDS.

Whilst I understand people's anger at the time, Colin only has himself to blame for selling David Unsworth to Wigan.

• Subscriber

I'd happily see these come up. I never used to like Sheff Utd a while ago and there was a bit of a sting when we played them, largely because of, you guessed it Neil Warnock complaining about us xD he did have a bit of a point although that's another story.

It's a city that could do with a top flight team, it's a cracking ground and away day as well. I'd happily see these come up.

One of the best teams to come to Elland Road last season, was massively impressed with them. They have as good a chance as anyone seeing as this division is looking tighter than I've seen it for a while.

I think consistency is a big question mark with them though, much like ourselves. Squad depth also, I mean for me, the teams to still beat will be the West Brom's, Middlesbrough's, Villa's and Stoke's who have big squads. 

Time will tell though. I'd also happily see them up...after us of course.

12 hours ago, Danny said:

How's Egan settled in?

Egan had a rocky start but has probably been cumulatively our best player over the past few games, really starting to lead the back line and justifying that big price tag.

• 1 year later...

Archived