• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Do You Have For Breakfast?

football forum

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/7/2017 at 10:10 AM, Berserker said:

Mate, bread and butter & cheese, sandwiches, facturas (croissants), avocado.

Never had mate. I see at every grocery store around here (I live in little-Latin-America) and I was wondering if I need to drink it with that gourd/silver straw thingo. I've had canned mate but that was sweetened with lemonade.

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

Never had mate. I see at every grocery store around here (I live in little-Latin-America) and I was wondering if I need to drink it with that gourd/silver straw thingo. I've had canned mate but that was sweetened with lemonade.

Yeah, you must. Never even heard of canned mate, you gotta try the real thing, buy the equipment and a good yerba. Heat the water but don't boil it, put a little sugar on the base of the mate (gourd) and then the yerba on top of it to about half of the recipient or a little more. You normally use a termo (vacuum flask) to store the water but you can also use a kettle if you don't own one.

8 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Yeah, you must. Never even heard of canned mate, you gotta try the real thing, buy the equipment and a good yerba. Heat the water but don't boil it, put a little sugar on the base of the mate (gourd) and then the yerba on top of it to about half of the recipient or a little more. You normally use a termo (vacuum flask) to store the water but you can also use a kettle if you don't own one.

Always wanted to try it because I'm an avid tea and coffee drinker as well.

It was this stuff. Don't get me wrong it was tasty but I felt like it didn't count.

https://guayaki.com/category/151/Cans.html

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Always wanted to try it because I'm an avid tea and coffee drinker as well. 

It was this stuff. Don't get me wrong it was tasty but I felt like it didn't count.

https://guayaki.com/category/151/Cans.html

If you like tea then you'll probably like it, like with tea there's tons of different flavours, you can also drink it sweetened or bitter like the Gauchos.

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

If you like tea then you'll probably like it, like with tea there's tons of different flavours, you can also drink it sweetened or bitter like the Gauchos.

Is the bombilla the most important part? I imagine having a cheap one causes the yerba not to strain properly.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Is the bombilla the most important part? I imagine having a cheap one causes the yerba not to strain properly.

Yeah pretty much, but many also say it's best to have a wooden mate as it supposedly grants it a distinctive taste. Any silver/similar one will do. If you have any doubts about how to prepare it there's tons of vids on youtube.

Porridge and a protein shake. Sometimes even a scoop of protein in milk with some oats in it and 2 table spoons on peanut butter all blender up. If I'm treating myself then the Greggs' breakfast deal £2 for a hot drink and hot sandwich - usually go for the omelette sandwich.

28 minutes ago, Stan said:

of course the Geordie treats himself at Greggs :D 

There's a Greggs literally a 30 second walk from my work so it's ridiculously tempting. The head office is based next door to my work so for their sake I hope they don't ever give me bad service or I will be straight there booting off. 

I'm shocked not only by how many of you have fry up breakfasts (even on weekends i cbf using a frypan in the mornings!) but by how many spend time sitting down in a kitchen with a bowl and eating.... it must burn so much time that could be better spent sleeping in....!

my entire morning routine's been cut to a fine tooth operation and takes about10 minutes. 

Get up. Put on clothes. Put toast in toaster. Do hair. Retreive toast and apply peanut butter. Leave house. Eat toast while walking to the bus stop. Buy coffee at train station cafe. 

I set my alarm for 13 minutes before my bus arrives at the stop ...

• 1 year later...
football forum

I don't really eat in a morning, I know that's not healthy but it's something that has never agreed with me, the thought of eating a few minutes after waking up is bizarre and to me. 

I've started drinking a lot of green tea since discovering my love for it in Croatia so if anything, that's my breakfast. 

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I don't really eat in a morning, I know that's not healthy but it's something that has never agreed with me, the thought of eating a few minutes after waking up is bizarre and to me. 

I've started drinking a lot of green tea since discovering my love for it in Croatia so if anything, that's my breakfast. 

To be fair there is no "one-size-fits-all" when it comes to nutrition as it all depends a good deal on the individual constitution, biochemistry, genetics and lifestyle. I'm like you in this regard, it never agreed with me and I normally feel worse after having breakfast when compared to skipping it. I will only have something light if I actually feel hungry after waking up which is a very rare occasion... 

Normally I don't feel any hunger until at least an hour after waking, but I'll also get extremely hungry before lunch if I don't have breakfast.

Which normally means either waking up early to let my appetite build, or just forcing myself to eat something to keep me going until 1pm-ish.

football forum
4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Normally I don't feel any hunger until at least an hour after wanking, but I'll also get extremely hungry before lunch if I don't have breakfast.

Weird, but OK.

4 hours ago, nudge said:

To be fair there is no "one-size-fits-all" when it comes to nutrition as it all depends a good deal on the individual constitution, biochemistry, genetics and lifestyle. I'm like you in this regard, it never agreed with me and I normally feel worse after having breakfast when compared to skipping it. I will only have something light if I actually feel hungry after waking up which is a very rare occasion... 

Same here... I pretty much just eat when I am hungry, don't normally feel starved after a nights kip but after a few hours graft then I am straight over the cafe in the mornings... 

Archived