talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Perú 3-0 Chile - Saturday 13th October, 2018

football forum

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit more optimistic for this one now. Since the last friendlies, the likes of Advincula, Trauco, Hurtado and Cueva have gotten more playing time and of course they are without Alexis Sanchez and Eduardo Vargas. Arturo Vidal doesn't scare me as he's not the same player anymore. 

I'm not overly confident that we'll win, but I'm sure the performance won't be atrocious like against the Netherlands. I look forward to this.

Gallese

Advincula - Ramos - Santamaria - Trauco

Aquino - Yotun

Carrillo - Cueva - Flores

Ruidiaz

I think it'll be that for our lineup. Tapia could also return but I'm sticking for the in-form Aquino for now.

On 09/10/2018 at 15:09, Blue said:

I'm a bit more optimistic for this one now. Since the last friendlies, the likes of Advincula, Trauco, Hurtado and Cueva have gotten more playing time and of course they are without Alexis Sanchez and Eduardo Vargas. Arturo Vidal doesn't scare me as he's not the same player anymore. 

I'm not overly confident that we'll win, but I'm sure the performance won't be atrocious like against the Netherlands. I look forward to this.

Gallese

Advincula - Ramos - Santamaria - Trauco

Aquino - Yotun

Carrillo - Cueva - Flores

Ruidiaz

I think it'll be that for our lineup. Tapia could also return but I'm sticking for the in-form Aquino for now.

This is the lineup that we will use, with Tapia in place of Pedro Aquino instead.

Starts in 20. I really hope we go ahead with this.

Chile's lineup. That's probably the weakest Chile side since before the 2010 qualifiers. It's just a friendly but it doesn't seem like they are experimenting a whole lot, bar a few players.

Won 3-0. It was just as the result tells, it was easy. Rueda has a lot of work to do with Chile, they were a complete mess tonight and I can't see them qualify for Qatar 2022. As for us, it was definitely better. I still think there is some work to do as there were a few moments were we made unnecessary errors, but overall I'm feeling good about the national team again. I only feel we're going to get better as time gets on.

• The topic was unpinned
9 hours ago, Blue said:

Won 3-0. It was just as the result tells, it was easy. Rueda has a lot of work to do with Chile, they were a complete mess tonight and I can't see them qualify for Qatar 2022. As for us, it was definitely better. I still think there is some work to do as there were a few moments were we made unnecessary errors, but overall I'm feeling good about the national team again. I only feel we're going to get better as time gets on.

Brian we need more of the south American celebration  gooooooooooooooooooooooooal (take a breath) gooooooooooooooooooal😁

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Just curious on your thoughts on this @SirBalon :)

I knew Perú would win or better said, the normal outcome was for Chile to lose this one due to Perú right at this minute being a much more superior side in every aspect to Chile.

Chile are living from their recent past and even though their demise has been quick and spectacular, when you actually follow events and the individuals (most of them, not all mind you) that come out to represent their country for Chile, then this is the ONLY thing that could possibly happen.

They have a few players in that squad that are a serious cancer to them restructuring anytime soon... Players that have accumulated such a status (an obsessively overblown one) that nobody dare mutter any dissent which in truth is understandable.

Perú on the other hand continue their growth and progression in the correct manner and right attitude.  It could've all gone tumbling down with how the World Cup went in the end and some of the scandals surrounding mainly the start striker, but all has been kept in order and if it continues then anything is possible on the confederation side of things right now.

For me a very predictable result.

Archived