• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Scotland 1-3 Portugal - Sunday 14th October, 2018

football forum

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Scotland were good in the Euro 2016 qualifying, two close defeats against the World Champions and two draws against a clearly stronger Polish side. I've not watch them live since

I remember that Scotland side, as I followed that qualifying campaign. They were just tactically disciplined but they weren't particularly talented. They had a good start and then fell game by game. The home loss to Germany ended their chances, if I remember correctly.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

I remember that Scotland side, as I followed that qualifying campaign. They were just tactically disciplined but they weren't particularly talented. They had a good start and then fell game by game. The home loss to Germany ended their chances, if I remember correctly.

Lewandowski scored on the last kick of the final game to make it 2-2 ending Scotland's chance of getting into the play offs. 

• The topic was unpinned
39 minutes ago, Blue said:

It was more an accumulation of little slip ups. A missed offside away can Ireland denied us a win against the team that ended up in the playoffs. An absolute shiter of a loss in Georgia, and a home draw iirc. Two narrow losses to Germany where we easily could have got a point. Two 2-2 draws against Poland when we could have won both with a little more composure under pressure.

The overall effort was worthy of qualification but we weren’t ruthless/lucky like Ireland, who ended up shithousing their way to France.

2 hours ago, Azeem said:

Scotland were good in the Euro 2016 qualifying, two close defeats against the World Champions and two draws against a clearly stronger Polish side. I've not watch them live since

Last time Scotland were decent was in 2008. They had a very tough qualifying group and beat France twice but missed out loosing to Italy. Unlike a lot of English people I want Scotland to get to a tournement. Be even better if they played England in the finals.

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

It was more an accumulation of little slip ups. A missed offside away can Ireland denied us a win against the team that ended up in the playoffs. An absolute shiter of a loss in Georgia, and a home draw iirc. Two narrow losses to Germany where we easily could have got a point. Two 2-2 draws against Poland when we could have won both with a little more composure under pressure.

The overall effort was worthy of qualification but we weren’t ruthless/lucky like Ireland, who ended up shithousing their way to France.

Are there any decent Scottish managers around at the moment? Isn't the Livingston manager good?

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

The Georgia away game (once again after 2008) and the fact the other 'better' teams in the group managed to take something from their games against Gemany. 

Would have been great if Germany had their usual steamrolling through qualification that campaign.

54 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Holt has been at Livingston for all of six games. Bit early for any judgement.

Just googled it. I was refering to David Hopkin who got them promoted

• This topic was pinned and unpinned
12 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Are there any decent Scottish managers around at the moment? Isn't the Livingston manager good?

Yeah, absolutely. Steve Clark is an excellent coach. Alex Neill is also solid. McInnes is alright.

That being said, not sure any of them could be convinced to leave their jobs. 

I don’t even care if he’s Scottish. Most small nations hire foreign coaches on the regular and do much better than we do.

40 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Yeah, absolutely. Steve Clark is an excellent coach. Alex Neill is also solid. McInnes is alright.

That being said, not sure any of them could be convinced to leave their jobs. 

I don’t even care if he’s Scottish. Most small nations hire foreign coaches on the regular and do much better than we do.

I think it could be good for Scotland just to help them. I think scottish people aren't to keen because of what happened before but I think there are foreign coaches who could help them. 

Archived