Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Krzysztof Piatek Leaves Genoa for AC Milan


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

23 year old Genoa striker, Polish, signed in the summer from Cracovia.

He's scored 8 goals in 6 in the league, and 4 goals in a cup game, making it 12 goals in 7 games so far.

Flash in the pan or real deal?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Krzysztof Piatek Leaves Genoa for AC Milan
On 23/01/2019 at 16:50, Cicero said:

Not unless he turns into another Belotti 

I haven't seen Piatek very much, but Belotti was never good. He had one season where he had some very good support in Falque and Llajic but his overall play was very questionable. I wasn't even that convinced with his finishing. Belotti was only ever going to go one way, and I can see with time I was spot on.

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I haven't seen Piatek very much, but Belotti was never good. He had one season where he had some very good support in Falque and Llajic but his overall play was very questionable. I wasn't even that convinced with his finishing. Belotti was only ever going to go one way, and I can see with time I was spot on.

You say that as if his career is already over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Blue said:

It's not but he was never good in my opinion.

You also have to appreciate that the Serie A has certain idiosycrasies. What other leagues are commonplace for forwards to have 30 goal seasons cushioned by 5 goal seasons? A league where it isn’t unusual for one capcanoniere to score 30 goals  and the next season’s to have 12? For older players to have rebirth during their twilight years? Belotti is only 25 and could easily have 200 career goals by retirement, that by no means is a poor career,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Spike said:

You also have to appreciate that the Serie A has certain idiosycrasies. What other leagues are commonplace for forwards to have 30 goal seasons cushioned by 5 goal seasons? A league where it isn’t unusual for one capcanoniere to score 30 goals  and the next season’s to have 12? For older players to have rebirth during their twilight years? Belotti is only 25 and could easily have 200 career goals by retirement, that by no means is a poor career,

I agree it is a good career, but I wouldn't call him a great player like some were claiming last season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

6 goals in his first 5 games at Milan. Quite a season this guy is having.

From an unknown to Milan's biggest hope for returning to the Champions League.

 

A striker who played 19 games for Genoa, and scored 13 goals, and was bought for 35 million Euros is hardly an "unknown"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AMG said:

 

A striker who played 19 games for Genoa, and scored 13 goals, and was bought for 35 million Euros is hardly an "unknown"

But a manager who wins 3 European trophies in a row is a 'nobody'.

Okay xD 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...