talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Krzysztof Piatek Leaves Genoa for AC Milan

football forum

• Subscriber

23 year old Genoa striker, Polish, signed in the summer from Cracovia.

He's scored 8 goals in 6 in the league, and 4 goals in a cup game, making it 12 goals in 7 games so far.

Flash in the pan or real deal?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Krzysztof Piatek Leaves Genoa for AC Milan
On 23/01/2019 at 16:50, Cicero said:

Not unless he turns into another Belotti 

I haven't seen Piatek very much, but Belotti was never good. He had one season where he had some very good support in Falque and Llajic but his overall play was very questionable. I wasn't even that convinced with his finishing. Belotti was only ever going to go one way, and I can see with time I was spot on.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I haven't seen Piatek very much, but Belotti was never good. He had one season where he had some very good support in Falque and Llajic but his overall play was very questionable. I wasn't even that convinced with his finishing. Belotti was only ever going to go one way, and I can see with time I was spot on.

You say that as if his career is already over.

19 hours ago, Blue said:

It's not but he was never good in my opinion.

You also have to appreciate that the Serie A has certain idiosycrasies. What other leagues are commonplace for forwards to have 30 goal seasons cushioned by 5 goal seasons? A league where it isn’t unusual for one capcanoniere to score 30 goals  and the next season’s to have 12? For older players to have rebirth during their twilight years? Belotti is only 25 and could easily have 200 career goals by retirement, that by no means is a poor career,

17 minutes ago, Spike said:

You also have to appreciate that the Serie A has certain idiosycrasies. What other leagues are commonplace for forwards to have 30 goal seasons cushioned by 5 goal seasons? A league where it isn’t unusual for one capcanoniere to score 30 goals  and the next season’s to have 12? For older players to have rebirth during their twilight years? Belotti is only 25 and could easily have 200 career goals by retirement, that by no means is a poor career,

I agree it is a good career, but I wouldn't call him a great player like some were claiming last season.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

6 goals in his first 5 games at Milan. Quite a season this guy is having.

From an unknown to Milan's biggest hope for returning to the Champions League.

A striker who played 19 games for Genoa, and scored 13 goals, and was bought for 35 million Euros is hardly an "unknown"

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, AMG said:

A striker who played 19 games for Genoa, and scored 13 goals, and was bought for 35 million Euros is hardly an "unknown"

But a manager who wins 3 European trophies in a row is a 'nobody'.

Okay xD 

Archived