• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds Fans Start Petiton Against Ref Jeremy Simpson

football forum

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I mean, it's sort of funny, but it's another example of people forgetting that referees are human beings for the sake of weak banter.

I slate referees all the time but abuse of officials is a big problem in the game and if people actually want the standard to improve they should do less shit like this that's likely to put off potentially good referees from ever giving it a bash.

I do sympathise for the Leeds United fans because the standard of reffing has been dismal for a period of time. However, the anger shouldn't be directed at individuals, it should be aimed at the top of the hierarchy.

It's 2018, we now live in an era where there's a generation of children coming through who know nothing other than the internet. How on earth is it with the (quite frankly) mental advances in technology that we are not making more use of it to assist referees in their decision making process? Aside from the obvious introduction of VAR, players heard swearing at a referee through their microphones should be punished.

In addition, we talk about refs being human all the time. So let's humanize them. Give them the opportunity to explain their decision making process, instead of having pundits secind guessing all the time. Make us realise they are human by showing us the person behind the uniform.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I do sympathise for the Leeds United fans because the standard of reffing has been dismal for a period of time. However, the anger shouldn't be directed at individuals, it should be aimed at the top of the hierarchy.

It's 2018, we now live in an era where there's a generation of children coming through who know nothing other than the internet. How on earth is it with the (quite frankly) mental advances in technology that we are not making more use of it to assist referees in their decision making process? Aside from the obvious introduction of VAR, players heard swearing at a referee through their microphones should be punished.

In addition, we talk about refs being human all the time. So let's humanize them. Give them the opportunity to explain their decision making process, instead of having pundits secind guessing all the time. Make us realise they are human by showing us the person behind the uniform.

I think actually the standard has gotten better. But its very hard without var. I can't think of another sport that uses tecknology so little when it is needed

Its nothing major, considering we had 40,000 signatures inside 4 hours against that grotesque badge design last season. Wouldnt take it too seriously, he was shit but it is what it us. A minority of people should let it go.

Archived