talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Robbie Neilson Appointed Dundee United Manager

Dundee United have appointed Robbie Neilson as their new manager  

Neilson, who has been out of work since being sacked by MK Dons in January this year, has signed a deal until the end of the 2019/20 season.

The 38-year-old, who made 23 appearances for United as a player, was previously the head coach of Hearts, guiding the club to the Scottish Championship title in 2015 before leading them to a third-place finish in the Premiership the following year.

United sacked Csaba Laszlo last month following the 5-1 home defeat to Ross County.

Laszlo took charge in November last year but failed to guide United to promotion from the Championship after losing to Livingston in the play-off semi-finals.

Neilson said: "It is an exciting opportunity at a great club and I am confident that I can lead Dundee United back to the Premiership.

"This is the perfect challenge for me at a club I know well and I am looking forward to meeting the coaching staff and players on Tuesday and getting straight to work ahead of Saturday's match at Partick Thistle."

Chairman Mike Martin said: "I am delighted that Robbie has agreed to become head coach at Dundee United.

"From a long list of impressive applications, he was the outstanding candidate. We were convinced by his track record and experience, his style and approach to coaching and management and his plans and vision for this club."

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Robbie Neilson Appointed Dundee United Manager
On 09/10/2018 at 08:18, Devon Von Devon said:

Dundee have signed a Pakistani origin player Adil Nabi so they are my team in the Scottish league now. 

Glory hunter  :ph34r:

Archived