talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Which Club Has The Smartest Owner?

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Ray Wilikins said that it was 100% Ancellotti.

Never believe anything Ray Wilkins has ever said.  He has spoken so much rubbish in his time it's unbelievable...  He was the first "ridiculous" pundit ever in my opinion.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SirBalon said:

Never believe anything Ray Wilkins has ever said.  He has spoken so much rubbish in his time it's unbelievable...  He was the first "ridiculous" pundit ever in my opinion.

He was assistant manager at the time. I'll believe him over the Spanish press.

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Ancellotti has said numerous times that he knew nothing about the Torres transfer! It was done and dusted before he arrived. 

Before he arrived? What do you mean? Ancellotti had been manager for full over a year and a half.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Why?

The Spanish press had no vested interest in who was the man behind the signing at all.

How would they know? Wilkins gains nothing from lying either.

Torres even said at the time that it was the Russian that pursuaded him to go. 

Ancellotti at the time when asked said he knew nothing about it but was happy to include him in the squad. Ancellotti then went on to drop Torres within a few games.  

Ancellotti was then sacked :what:

Just now, Spike said:

How would they know? Wilkins gains nothing from lying either.

Ray Wilkins never lied to gain anything...  He has just always said things because they pop into his head all of a sudden and because he's never managed to be anything of a major personality in the punditry business he's just never really been pulled up on any of it.

The reason the Spanish press in these sorts of things are a good source (especially where a Spanish player is in question) is because they are some of the best at investigating the ongoings from within.  I've never witnessed anything like it where information is gained.

Never was Ancelotti ever named in Spain as the artifice of the Torres signing for Chelsea.  Not that it matters anyway...  Whether it's true or not, so many owners of football clubs everywhere dabble in being an EA Fifa manager.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Ray Wilkins never lied to gain anything...  He has just always said things because they pop into his head all of a sudden and because he's never managed to be anything of a major personality in the punditry business he's just never really been pulled up on any of it.

The reason the Spanish press in these sorts of things are a good source (especially where a Spanish player is in question) is because they are some of the best at investigating the ongoings from within.  I've never witnessed anything like it where information is gained.

Never was Ancelotti ever named in Spain as the artifice of the Torres signing for Chelsea.  Not that it matters anyway...  Whether it's true or not, so many owners of football clubs everywhere dabble in being an EA Fifa manager.

Ray Wilkins is the biggest knob on the face of the earth. I would'nt believe him if he said he was bald. 

15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ray Wilkins is the biggest knob on the face of the earth. I would'nt believe him if he said he was bald. 

I just remember the early years where Italian football was on British tv. Channel 4 had the rights to Serie 'A' back in the day and Ray Wilkins was a constant pundit on their matches and boy was he boring...  But aside from that, he didn't half talk rubbish.  He'd always make a comment on a player very much off the cuff which was so exaggerated and out of context.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I just remember the early years where Italian football was on British tv. Channel 4 had the rights to Serie 'A' back in the day and Ray Wilkins was a constant pundit on their matches and boy was he boring...  But aside from that, he didn't half talk rubbish.  He'd always make a comment on a player very much off the cuff which was so exaggerated and out of context.

He's a knob, an absolute knob!

• Subscriber

I think our owners have made some sound investments but I do think they've gotten quite lucky on the football side of it. We completely panicked into appointing Ranieri. That just adds to how remarkable it was.

Keeps being whispers about them sticking another 10k on our ground. I'd welcome that move personally. I think it would set us apart from clubs like Southampton, West Brom etc... because I think we could definitely average 37k.

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think our owners have made some sound investments but I do think they've gotten quite lucky on the football side of it. We completely panicked into appointing Ranieri. That just adds to how remarkable it was.

Keeps being whispers about them sticking another 10k on our ground. I'd welcome that move personally. I think it would set us apart from clubs like Southampton, West Brom etc... because I think we could definitely average 37k.

If you had to give out 37,000 of your cringey clappers every fortnight, you'd be solely responsible for using up all of the trees in the Amazon.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

If you had to give out 37,000 of your cringey clappers every fortnight, you'd be solely responsible for using up all of the trees in the Amazon.

It could be what stops them using them, in which case expand to 100k if necessary.

You cannot put Bournemouth on there, fairytale for the fans maybe, but they pumped money in the Championship to gain promotion and really have achieved little in the Prem other than survival.

Southampton have to be up there, their team has been picked apart every season yet year on year they improve their PL position and this season got to a Cup final.

I don't really know how much of Spurs' success is down to Levy seeing as Poch has pushed them to a level they've not been at before, and before him they were struggling with AVB.

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

FSG have a lot of the Liverpool support eating out of their hand, so i suppose they are smart in that sense.

It's true you're right! FSG are the big bad wolf. 

Fuck me cheer up it's nearly summer. 

Archived