• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Christian Benteke Out Injured Until 2019 With Knee Injury

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Until 2019.

So just a couple of months then xD. Not like it's an injury that Oxlade-Chamberlain has.

You're probably better off without him unless you're playing us.

Wilfried Zaha has picked up an injury on international duty. 

Our next five fixtures are as follows:

Everton

Chelsea

Tottenham Hotspur 

Manchester United 

Manchester City.

I fully expect us to be in the bottom three by the time we play Burnley and the media vultures will be unnessecarily circling Roy Hodgson like they're trying to do with Mark Hughes and Claude Puel at the minute.

I had a lot of sympathy for this team last year but the laxed attitude against the likes of Southampton, Newcastle and Bournemouth has really set us back this year and they've got a self inflicted uphill struggle now going in to the Christmas period.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Wilfried Zaha has picked up an injury on international duty. 

Our next five fixtures are as follows:

Everton

Chelsea

Tottenham Hotspur 

Manchester United 

Manchester City.

I fully expect us to be in the bottom three by the time we play Burnley and the media vultures will be unnessecarily circling Roy Hodgson like they're trying to do with Mark Hughes and Claude Puel at the minute.

I had a lot of sympathy for this team last year but the laxed attitude against the likes of Southampton, Newcastle and Bournemouth has really set us back this year and they've got a self inflicted uphill struggle now going in to the Christmas period.

Don't worry, the more we should beat you on Sunday and the more fucked you are if you lose, the more likely the Everton charity bus is likely to throw in a dismal 2-0 home defeat and let you off the hook.

• 1 month later...

I cannot wait.

Christian Benteke is making 'exceptional' progress in his bid to make a swift return to fitness, says Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson.

Belgium international Benteke, who is yet to register a goal this season, underwent minor knee surgery last month and was expected to be out until the New Year.

But speaking ahead of Palace's visit to Manchester United this weekend, Hodgson provided a positive update on the recovery of their record signing.

"We've still got the longer-term injury concerns, but Connor Wickham actually took part in his first training session in a long time today so that is positive [news]," Hodgson said.

• Administrator

His move to Liverpool reminds me of Heskey's move at the start of the 00s. 

Powerhouse striker for Leicester, dismal failure when moving to Liverpool. Only shows glimpses of quality while there and eventually sold to cut the losses. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

His move to Liverpool reminds me of Heskey's move at the start of the 00s. 

Powerhouse striker for Leicester, dismal failure when moving to Liverpool. Only shows glimpses of quality while there and eventually sold to cut the losses. 

Heskey was miles better for us than Benteke ever was. A key member of Houllier's side that won three trophies in one season. He went rapidly down hill after about 2002 but I wouldn't say he was a dismal failure

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Heskey was miles better for us than Benteke ever was. A key member of Houllier's side that won three trophies in one season. He went rapidly down hill after about 2002 but I wouldn't say he was a dismal failure

Compared to how they were at their former clubs, they could have lived up to so much more, and delivered so much more. Perhaps it's the pressure of being at a bigger club that affected them and they couldn't handle it. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Compared to how they were at their former clubs, they could have lived up to so much more, and delivered so much more. Perhaps it's the pressure of being at a bigger club that affected them and they couldn't handle it. 

Nah, I think we saw Heskey's full potential during that 2000/01 season. He was a good player in a good cup team but he always had a ceiling and when we wanted to push on to win the league he wasn't at that level.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Heskey’s first season was immense and while he never scored as much as he did in that first season, I wouldn’t classify him anywhere near the failure that Benteke was. He was an important player for us and that massive dickhead Michael Owen would have had a much less impressive career if he didn’t have Heskey next to him for club and country imo.

20 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Heskey’s first season was immense and while he never scored as much as he did in that first season, I wouldn’t classify him anywhere near the failure that Benteke was. He was an important player for us and that massive dickhead Michael Owen would have had a much less impressive career if he didn’t have Heskey next to him for club and country imo.

Absolutely bang on!

Heskey was a fucking beast for us at times. I've absolutely no idea where this myth that he was a failure comes from? 

Christian Benteke unfortunately just has been left behind as football has evolved. The days of playing with two upfront have gone where one of those strikers can remain static and win headers. Strikers are required to do a lot more running and have a lot more technical skill in modern football which is unfortunately the stuff he sucks at.

Archived