talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arda Turan Charged Over Fight

Turkish prosecutors have charged Barcelona midfielder Arda Turan over an alleged fight with a prominent singer, asking for the footballer to be sentenced to 12-and-a-half years in jail.

Prosecutors charged Turan, who is currently on loan at Istanbul Basaksehir, with sexual harassment, unlicensed possession of weapons and causing intentional injury over an alleged fight with singer Berkay Sahin, the state-run Anadolu news agency said.

Sahin, who goes on stage by his first name Berkay, was also charged, with prosecutors demanding up to two years in jail.

Turan, 31, had last week been summoned to an Istanbul police station to give a statement about the incident, which took place outside an Istanbul nightclub and reportedly left Sahin with a broken nose.

The attacking midfielder, who won 100 caps for the national side, joined Basaksehir last season on loan from Barcelona, where he had largely endured an unhappy spell on the bench after joining from Atletico Madrid.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Signed for Barcelona at the wrong time, when they were under an embargo which meant that he wasn't the player they signed when it come to his debut. 

A shame.

Ah I forgot that he didn't really get any game time and had to just train and not play for them. Shame really he was very good at Atletico from what I remember eventhough he had a short fuse back then too.

54 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Ah I forgot that he didn't really get any game time and had to just train and not play for them. Shame really he was very good at Atletico from what I remember eventhough he had a short fuse back then too.

Turks,  Iranians and Arabs are all short fused with latter two being racist as well. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

What in the world happened with this guy? He was so good as a midfielder and now all this. 

I don't usually enjoy watching a player's career plummet, but I enjoyed watching Turans'. Mercenary and deserves every bit of demise he gets in his football career. 

Nothing he accomplished at Barca even comes close to what Atletico triumphed in 2013. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

I don't usually enjoy watching a player's career plummet, but I enjoyed watching Turans'. Mercenary and deserves every bit of demise he gets in his football career. 

Nothing he accomplished at Barca even comes close to what Atletico triumphed in 2013. 

In hindsight had he stayed at Atletico you'd imagine he would have enjoyed far more success than benching it at Barca. That midfield was extremely good and he was like a dog off a leash chasing people down and his work ethic couldn't be questioned (probably why Simeone liked him so much too).

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

In hindsight had he stayed at Atletico you'd imagine he would have enjoyed far more success than benching it at Barca. That midfield was extremely good and he was like a dog off a leash chasing people down and his work ethic couldn't be questioned (probably why Simeone liked him so much too).

Atletico in 2014 was arguably the best well drilled team we've faced in European competition. 

5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Apparently he hated doing that so that is why he left!

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

Apparently he hated doing that so that is why he left!

He indeed went public with a comment like that when he transferred from Atleti to Barça... Arda was punished for that stem end and was the reason he didn't feature for almost three months.

He thought at Barcelona it was Disneyland and that there was no work ethic behind the manner in which they play.  A massive error because there is work to be done, a lot of work as much as at any other club only that it is done in a different manner.

He only has himself to blame for what has occurred with his career and he knows this.  He was unfortunate toward the end of his Barcelona career because he started to work and provide with whT he was signed for but then had a series of injuries and the club moved on because there wasn't enough to bite on so as to have the required faith in his time at the club.

• Subscriber
On 16/10/2018 at 12:24, Cannabis said:

Signed for Barcelona at the wrong time, when they were under an embargo which meant that he wasn't the player they signed when it come to his debut. 

A shame.

It was only 6 months? You make it sound like it was years.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I hope I'm not the only one to see the irony in this post 😂

Pakistanis in general have an inferiority complex for obvious reasons so us being racist is unlikely as for short fused Pathans are hot headed but again they are Iranic people racially. As for the Terrorist part i have no answer.   

Archived