talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you hypocritical of?

football forum

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question, we are definitely all hypocritical in some way. I try my best to not be, and I'm not going to answer this question but I do find the whole thing interesting of what things each of us are hypocrites with without noticing it.

In relation to the food one, which I agree with, it immediately made me think of violence. I’m not a violent person nor would I look for a fight but if attacked or a family member was being attacked, I’d resort to it. Thankfully, this has only ever happened once though. 

I think performance as well. Like that quite broad but my performance is something I’m very critical of, whether it’s at work, cooking something, life in general, betting, you name it, I will be critical of my performance at it. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

In relation to the food one, which I agree with, it immediately made me think of violence. I’m not a violent person nor would I look for a fight but if attacked or a family member was being attacked, I’d resort to it. Thankfully, this has only ever happened once though. 

I think performance as well. Like that quite broad but my performance is something I’m very critical of, whether it’s at work, cooking something, life in general, betting, you name it, I will be critical of my performance at it. 

Interestingly thought of similar - I wouldn't label it hypocritical. You can be not violent and still have pride/dignity/protection about keeping others safe through resorting to it. As long as it's unprovoked obviously. 

Probably to do with meat.

Know that the meat industry is fairly horrific at times and not sustainable yet will still eat a Bargain Bucket or Big Mac.

I could probably kill my food if I had to, and would prefer it tbh. Far more natural and ethical to hunt and use the animal for everything you can than rather than buy meat to eat for everyday of the week.

18 hours ago, Danny said:

Probably to do with meat.

Know that the meat industry is fairly horrific at times and not sustainable yet will still eat a Bargain Bucket or Big Mac.

I could probably kill my food if I had to, and would prefer it tbh. Far more natural and ethical to hunt and use the animal for everything you can than rather than buy meat to eat for everyday of the week.

The only problem with this is that if everyone went around killing their own food, it would create a massive ecological imbalance and you'd end up with a lot of animals becoming rare and in threat of extinction, you'd also end up with too many predators and not enough prey for them. Just look at some of the rivers in Poland. Since they eat everything they catch, some of these rivers are completely devoid of fish. In fact, the cunts clean canals out of pike over here in the UK as well! You also have low numbers of deer in a lot of places over here due to gamekeepers(I hate those cunts, they kill birds of prey all the time and get away with it, they should be stabbed in their throats) and gypsies who kill them for sport.

Pigs, sheep and cows are bred for the purpose of food at the end of the day, so loving wildlife but eating farm animals is hardly hypocritical in my opinion.

I suppose you could say I'm hypocritical in the fact that I love sticking hooks in fish's mouths, although if someone did that to a bird or mammal, I would cause physical harm to them.

On 16/10/2018 at 14:24, SirBalon said:

I also adore meat... A big meat eater but couldn't take the life of an animal unless I was also under threat.

To be honest I'm quite a hypocritical person with many things although not in a malicious manner.

As you are a huge fashion icon, you would also pay someone to kill an animal for their fur :(   so you can turn it in to hats, pants or long socks.

18 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Pigs, sheep and cows are bred for the purpose of food at the end of the day, so loving wildlife but eating farm animals is hardly hypocritical in my opinion.

It is. It's called speciesism. 

Why value one animal above the other when both are sentient beings and want to live? 

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It is. It's called speciesism. 

Why value one animal above the other when both are sentient beings and want to live? 

Because one is native and and has an important purpose, while the other is bred for food and exists for that purpose.

I'd gladly kill a mink or a rat, as they are invasive pests that cause all types of ecological problems, but I wouldn't kill a Weasel or a Stoat as they serve an important purpose and are native species. It's why I kill flies but don't kill spiders or bees too.

8 minutes ago, Panna King said:

As you are a huge fashion icon, you would also pay someone to kill an animal for their fur :(   so you can turn it in to hats, pants or long socks.

Nah mate... Anti-Fur, totally Although not anti-leather goods obviously. I’m not about to return to prehistoric times and wear cloth shoes. 

8 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Because one is native and and has an important purpose, while the other is bred for food and exists for that purpose.

I'd gladly kill a mink or a rat, as they are invasive pests that cause all types of ecological problems, but I wouldn't kill a Peregrine Falcon as they serve an important purpose. It's why I kill flies but don't kill spiders or bees too.

The fact we have chose one animal to be a commodity for us doesn't excuse the fact that all animals have the will to live. It's hypocritical regardless. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

People who kill spiders are the biggest cunts. What's wrong with just catching them in a glass and putting them outside?

My mate @nudge will agree.

Cos then they'll just come back in xD 

I can't stand the fuckers. I'm a bit more tolerant than I used to be though - sometimes I'll take them out and let them free (albeit from a very large height). I get that they're more beneficial to a household than not in that they'll eat and find dustmites/flies/termites etc and stop them getting in a home. They're still fucking freaky though.

My mate @Rafa Beneathus will agree that spiders themselves are bigger cunts.

Image result for spider house fire meme

I don't think killing animals like chicken and cattles is hypocritical.

We don't breed Tigers and Wolves that is why there population is balanced in the eco system. But we breed cattles and sheeps more than the required just for us if we dont consume them then it will distrup the ecosystem otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, Azeem said:

We don't breed Tigers and Wolves that is why there population is balanced in the eco system. But we breed cattles and sheeps more than the required just for us if we dont consume them then it will distrup the ecosystem otherwise. 

The ecosystem and the future of the planet is actually in grave danger due to the over breeding of animals for human consumption as the population gets bigger and bigger.

17 minutes ago, Azeem said:

It is when animals such as dogs and cats are spared. 

Eating meat and not wanting to kill an animal isn't being hypocritical.

I live in a house but I don't want to build one. I eat potatoes but I don't want to grow them and dig them up. Neither make me hypocritical.

Eating meat, but preaching that killing animals is disgusting or inhumane is hypocritical and eating meat, but 'loving' animals is hypocritical.

6 minutes ago, Marc said:

Eating meat and not wanting to kill an animal isn't being hypocritical.

I live in a house but I don't want to build one. I eat potatoes but I don't want to grow them and dig them up. Neither make me hypocritical.

Eating meat, but preaching that killing animals is disgusting or inhumane is hypocritical and eating meat, but 'loving' animals is hypocritical.

Yes, it is. Which ever way you look at it, there is no difference in moral standard by paying someone to kill your food for you vs killing an animal yourself. 

There is no contradictory of moral standards by building your own home or growing your own potatoes. 

Not wanting to harm an animal yet gladly indulge in the consumption of animal products, is hypocritical.  

• Subscriber

It really depends on what your morals are though. If one does not find it immoral to kill an animal for food, then doing it (or "paying" for getting it done) does not conflict with that individual's morality.

Archived