talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you hypocritical of?

football forum

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Are you  a vegetarian mate?

No, I am not. 

I just comprehend the hypocrisy behind it. Something many of us are guilty of, however it's been constructed on the basis that mankind have been using animals as a commodity for thousands of years. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No, I am not. 

I just comprehend the hypocrisy behind it. Something many of us are guilty of, however it's been constructed on the basis mankind have been using animals as a commodity for thousands of years. 

I dont know whether first world counties could  become completely vegetarian or not.  A lot of animal rights are based on how much we are prepared to sacrifice are own easy lifestyles. It's like culling. Is it our right to kill loads of animals because they are inconvenient to us. It would be harder for us to find another way but it will cost more so we kill lots of animals instead 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I dont know whether first world counties could  become completely vegetarian or not.  A lot of animal rights are based on how much we are prepared to sacrifice are own easy lifestyles. It's like culling. Is it our right to kill loads of animals because they are inconvenient to us. It would be harder for us to find another way but it will cost more so we kill lots of animals instead 

Which just goes back to my point that we have used animals as a commodity for such a long time, that completely abolishing meat would be insane. Businesses would fail and the economy would in turn plummet. 

• Administrator

One for the FM lads here.

I'm hypocritical as fuck when it comes to buying/selling players.

When it comes to clubs making offers for my wonderkids and star players - they can fuck right off. Offer the asking price? Nah, have him for £200m plus max out the bonuses then we'll talk.

When I make an offer for a wonderkid at asking price or just above which is perfectly reasonable ( :117_eyes:)? They'll come back with a counter-offer of around £200m . THE ABSOLUTE NERVE! How dare they ask for so much?! 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

One for the FM lads here.

I'm hypocritical as fuck when it comes to buying/selling players.

When it comes to clubs making offers for my wonderkids and star players - they can fuck right off. Offer the asking price? Nah, have him for £200m plus max out the bonuses then we'll talk.

When I make an offer for a wonderkid at asking price or just above which is perfectly reasonable ( :117_eyes:)? They'll come back with a counter-offer of around £200m . THE ABSOLUTE NERVE! How dare they ask for so much?! 

Haha geek 

When I lived in Australia I once had a bright red/orange furry spider the size of your hand drop onto my head and I had no idea until I looked in the mirror to brush my teeth. Must have jumped on me as I walked in.

Nearly gave myself a concussion trying to smack it off my head, once it hit the floor it climbed up the wall and ceiling in seconds. So fast. Not sure if it was poisonous, but shat me up.

• 2 years later...
On 16/10/2018 at 14:12, Cicero said:

Aside the obvious in speciesism, I would rather pay someone to kill my food for me. Don't think I could kill an animal unless it was threatening me. 

I agree, lambs are cute. I'd never kill to eat myself.

Archived