Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Worst Football Badges


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the fuck have you even heard of Basildon United @Blue? I walked into their pre-season friendly with Enfield 1893 (who don’t play in Enfield and weren’t formed in 1893) for nothing about five minutes into the game this Summer. Ended 4-3 and I was the only one there in a crowd of 16 that wasn’t related to a player. 

On the train but rip-off’s of other clubs’ badges. They’re always shit. Forest Green Rovers old one was a terrible rip-off of Barcelona’s. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

How the fuck have you even heard of Basildon United @Blue

I haven't. I was looking for terrible badges in football on Reddit and somebody mentioned Basildon. I agreed too, what the fuck is that thing in the middle?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

I haven't. I was looking for terrible badges in football on Reddit and somebody mentioned Basildon. I agreed too, what the fuck is that thing in the middle?

Ah, fair enough. I thought you’d decided to start tracking the Ryman Division One North or whatever it’s called now for a second. 

Not a clue. Maybe some form of mutant. Which would sum up the people of Basildon pretty well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Blue said:

I haven't. I was looking for terrible badges in football on Reddit and somebody mentioned Basildon. I agreed too, what the fuck is that thing in the middle?

 

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Ah, fair enough. I thought you’d decided to start tracking the Ryman Division One North or whatever it’s called now for a second. 

Not a clue. Maybe some form of mutant. Which would sum up the people of Basildon pretty well. 

it's Dionysus, a greek God.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

How the fuck have you even heard of Basildon United @Blue? I walked into their pre-season friendly with Enfield 1893 (who don’t play in Enfield and weren’t formed in 1893) for nothing about five minutes into the game this Summer. Ended 4-3 and I was the only one there in a crowd of 16 that wasn’t related to a player. 

On the train but rip-off’s of other clubs’ badges. They’re always shit. Forest Green Rovers old one was a terrible rip-off of Barcelona’s. 

I love Enfield town FC, shame what happened with them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

The history of Enfield 1893, Enfield Town and the original Enfield is all very messy. 

Enfield Town are viewed as the “proper” Enfield and have a tidy little set-up at the QEII. 

Yeah I know.  I went to watch Enfield Town a few times years ago when Arsenal played in friendlies there.    Nice little ground which got ruined because of Saracens Rugby Club. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just thinking, would you, if you were a small club, purposely choose an ugly, terrible looking, unique club badge if it were to bring you publicity? 

Brian has never heard of Basildon United and probably wouldn’t be able to tell you what league they’re in but he knows about them because of their badge, which may raise their profile and lead to people wanting merchandise? Like Deportivo Wanka for example, I don’t know if Wanka is a place or what country they’re from, but I’ve heard of them because of their name and the fact they used to plaster the word “WANKA” across their shirts. 

I wonder if a terrible badge, shirt etc is merely a marketing ploy? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Just thinking, would you, if you were a small club, purposely choose an ugly, terrible looking, unique club badge if it were to bring you publicity? 

Brian has never heard of Basildon United and probably wouldn’t be able to tell you what league they’re in but he knows about them because of their badge, which may raise their profile and lead to people wanting merchandise? Like Deportivo Wanka for example, I don’t know if Wanka is a place or what country they’re from, but I’ve heard of them because of their name and the fact they used to plaster the word “WANKA” across their shirts. 

I wonder if a terrible badge, shirt etc is merely a marketing ploy? 

Would make sense. They're happy to take the 'embarrassment' if it gives them a bit of publicity elsewhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Like the South American side who keep making Simpsons related goalkeeper shirts. It’s publicity across the world they’d never normally receive. 

Yep. And that Spanish side Zamora FC who released this abomination...

spanish-club-launches-insane-blood-circu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 16/10/2018 at 21:15, Smiley Culture said:

Just thinking, would you, if you were a small club, purposely choose an ugly, terrible looking, unique club badge if it were to bring you publicity? 

Brian has never heard of Basildon United and probably wouldn’t be able to tell you what league they’re in but he knows about them because of their badge, which may raise their profile and lead to people wanting merchandise? Like Deportivo Wanka for example, I don’t know if Wanka is a place or what country they’re from, but I’ve heard of them because of their name and the fact they used to plaster the word “WANKA” across their shirts. 

I wonder if a terrible badge, shirt etc is merely a marketing ploy? 

 

It is.

 

Remember how much publicity that no-name club got when they added North Korea as a sponsor?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 16/10/2018 at 15:10, Smiley Culture said:

How the fuck have you even heard of Basildon United @Blue? I walked into their pre-season friendly with Enfield 1893 (who don’t play in Enfield and weren’t formed in 1893) for nothing about five minutes into the game this Summer. Ended 4-3 and I was the only one there in a crowd of 16 that wasn’t related to a player. 

On the train but rip-off’s of other clubs’ badges. They’re always shit. Forest Green Rovers old one was a terrible rip-off of Barcelona’s. 

Love to know who of Kilmarnock and Coventry ripped the other off xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...