talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Worst Football Badges

football forum

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How the fuck have you even heard of Basildon United @Blue? I walked into their pre-season friendly with Enfield 1893 (who don’t play in Enfield and weren’t formed in 1893) for nothing about five minutes into the game this Summer. Ended 4-3 and I was the only one there in a crowd of 16 that wasn’t related to a player. 

On the train but rip-off’s of other clubs’ badges. They’re always shit. Forest Green Rovers old one was a terrible rip-off of Barcelona’s. 

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

How the fuck have you even heard of Basildon United @Blue

I haven't. I was looking for terrible badges in football on Reddit and somebody mentioned Basildon. I agreed too, what the fuck is that thing in the middle?

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

I haven't. I was looking for terrible badges in football on Reddit and somebody mentioned Basildon. I agreed too, what the fuck is that thing in the middle?

Ah, fair enough. I thought you’d decided to start tracking the Ryman Division One North or whatever it’s called now for a second. 

Not a clue. Maybe some form of mutant. Which would sum up the people of Basildon pretty well. 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Blue said:

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Ah, fair enough. I thought you’d decided to start tracking the Ryman Division One North or whatever it’s called now for a second. 

Not a clue. Maybe some form of mutant. Which would sum up the people of Basildon pretty well. 

it's Dionysus, a greek God.

26 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

How the fuck have you even heard of Basildon United @Blue? I walked into their pre-season friendly with Enfield 1893 (who don’t play in Enfield and weren’t formed in 1893) for nothing about five minutes into the game this Summer. Ended 4-3 and I was the only one there in a crowd of 16 that wasn’t related to a player. 

On the train but rip-off’s of other clubs’ badges. They’re always shit. Forest Green Rovers old one was a terrible rip-off of Barcelona’s. 

I love Enfield town FC, shame what happened with them. 

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

The history of Enfield 1893, Enfield Town and the original Enfield is all very messy. 

Enfield Town are viewed as the “proper” Enfield and have a tidy little set-up at the QEII. 

Yeah I know.  I went to watch Enfield Town a few times years ago when Arsenal played in friendlies there.    Nice little ground which got ruined because of Saracens Rugby Club. 

Just thinking, would you, if you were a small club, purposely choose an ugly, terrible looking, unique club badge if it were to bring you publicity? 

Brian has never heard of Basildon United and probably wouldn’t be able to tell you what league they’re in but he knows about them because of their badge, which may raise their profile and lead to people wanting merchandise? Like Deportivo Wanka for example, I don’t know if Wanka is a place or what country they’re from, but I’ve heard of them because of their name and the fact they used to plaster the word “WANKA” across their shirts. 

I wonder if a terrible badge, shirt etc is merely a marketing ploy? 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Just thinking, would you, if you were a small club, purposely choose an ugly, terrible looking, unique club badge if it were to bring you publicity? 

Brian has never heard of Basildon United and probably wouldn’t be able to tell you what league they’re in but he knows about them because of their badge, which may raise their profile and lead to people wanting merchandise? Like Deportivo Wanka for example, I don’t know if Wanka is a place or what country they’re from, but I’ve heard of them because of their name and the fact they used to plaster the word “WANKA” across their shirts. 

Would make sense. They're happy to take the 'embarrassment' if it gives them a bit of publicity elsewhere. 

33 minutes ago, Stan said:

Would make sense. They're happy to take the 'embarrassment' if it gives them a bit of publicity elsewhere. 

Like the South American side who keep making Simpsons related goalkeeper shirts. It’s publicity across the world they’d never normally receive. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Like the South American side who keep making Simpsons related goalkeeper shirts. It’s publicity across the world they’d never normally receive. 

Yep. And that Spanish side Zamora FC who released this abomination...

spanish-club-launches-insane-blood-circu

• 2 months later...
On 16/10/2018 at 21:15, Smiley Culture said:

It is.

Remember how much publicity that no-name club got when they added North Korea as a sponsor?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 16/10/2018 at 15:10, Smiley Culture said:

Love to know who of Kilmarnock and Coventry ripped the other off xD

Archived