talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brendan Rodgers Signs New 4 Year Deal

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He also said in a press conference after yesterday's game that he was committing the "next four years of his life to the club" as a result of signing the contract.  Easy job but he appears to be enjoying himself and the adulation the fans give him.

On 07/04/2017 at 5:15 PM, Inverted said:

Hopefully this means the club are also serious about pumping more money into the team, and trying to go further in Europe as well. 

With Celtic's 2012/13 coming off the coefficient next season, they'll need a strong season to avoid slipping down the seedings further.

I think a realistic goal for them would be a 3rd place in the group and then a possible Europa League run, with the right investment in the squad.

Brendan loves a good compliment, as soon as a nation or another club comes knocking on his door he will leave Celtic. He is bound to get bored after a while. I can even guess what he might say on that occasion, "I owe it to myself to test my philosophy in newer environments. One should never stop challenging oneself."

It's the easiest job in Scotland but you've only got to look at their previous manager to see that it's not a forgone conclusion that you'll walk everything. Celtic now need to build a good European run, obviously he's a Celtic fan so will have no issues hammering the league every season, but if he's going to prove himself as a manager there then he needs to turn Celtic into a decent force in Europe otherwise he'll be on the same path that Neil Lennon and Alex McLeish went on.

If he gets good results in the Champions League and gets K/O football then his stock will definitely have risen.

I think he can build something at Celtic and make them a force in Europe. It's a forgone conclusion that under him they're going to win everything domestically so the focus has to be on their performance in Europe now.

Fucking hell years ago £15m got you an Ashley Young, Stewart Downing or James Milner, not it wouldn't even get you someone of Prem quality unless they're young and unproven.

Still massive money in Scotland, if they can use that to pluck out more players like Moussa Dembele then they could have assembled a pretty decent team.

For Celtic, look at the amount of quality players that they have brought in for 'little money' and gone onto have success. Dembele, Sviatchenko, van Dijk, Forster and Wanyama combined cost less than £10 million.

Archived