talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 2-2 Man Utd - Saturday 20th October

football forum

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Apparently Mourinho chased the Chelsea assistant down the tunnel after losing it once again. xD

was hardly down the tunnel given there was so many people stopping him. What do you expect when someone taunts you in your own technical area?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

was hardly down the tunnel given there was so many people stopping him. What do you expect when someone taunts you in your own technical area?

Yeah, taunting someone in the opposing technical area is foreign to Mou.

To be honest it's come up as an alert because I didn't see it (suffering from Wengeritis it seems)...

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon said:

Yeah, taunting someone in the opposing technical area is foreign to Mou.

To be honest it's come up as an alert because I didn't see it (suffering from Wengeritis it seems)...

Regardless of who it happens against, it's unacceptable (I know you hate Mourinho too so it doesn't matter but still, the point stands). 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Regardless of who it happens against, it's unacceptable (I know you hate Mourinho too so it doesn't matter but still, the point stands). 

I agree... Like I said, I didn't see it as I switched 5 minutes before the game ended and just caught it on an alert with my mobile phone.  Nothing was said in that brief report about taunting.  Even if there was taunting, reacting is also stupid.

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

We need Darwin to come back again to explain this process... I think it's in tune with the last longish one we had in evolution. :ph34r:

I notice that the process only becomes more evident once they cobble together a few points.... I might start a 'Trust in Morata' tag that I stick on the end of my posts when he scores but obviously conveniently leave it off when he doesn't... I did look on Twitter to see if 'Trust The Process' was trending but it isn't...  

On 06/10/2018 at 20:48, carefreeluke said:

I remember in Mourinho's infamous final season with us, the players would almost only start playing when they were behind by one or two goals. It happened so often that it got to the point where I was basically saying that we need the other team to score as early as possible to provide our players with a longer window of time to get their asses in gear and to finally start playing with some purpose, passion and intensity. It was almost as if the players rose to the challenge of wanting to turn the game around and another thing is that being behind meant it allowed them to take more risks in attack and push more men forward which you could say suggests something different entirely as well. This all suggests though that the mentality of the players isn't in a good place from the beginning of the match and that of course isn't going to bode well for any team.

We also looked and played a lot better in the Champions League that season as well. The Champions League gave the players some fresh impetus, a new environment and represented a new challenge for the players which helped their performances.

For me there's definitely a mentality issue at Man United at the moment, a lot of this will stem from those in charge but the players have to take a lot of the stick as well.

And it happened again today.

Good to see Sarri sticking to his hubs and not tolerating any dissidence. Players should be dropped for disobedience. Also good for Sarri for reigning in his staff afterwards, even if it is hypocritical for Moutibho to be upset about it.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Feels like we dropped points against a bottom half side in all honesty. 

They played better than you 2nd half though. Wouldn't have been unfair to see them win the game.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

They played better than you 2nd half though. Wouldn't have been unfair to see them win the game.

Through counter sttacking runs of play that were down to our errors. 

These tactics you'd imagine would be from bottom half clubs, hence my post. 

The absolute state Mourinho has brought Manchester United. 

15 hours ago, Cicero said:

Through counter sttacking runs of play that were down to our errors. 

These tactics you'd imagine would be from bottom half clubs, hence my post. 

The absolute state Mourinho has brought Manchester United. 

The same tactics that won you 3 titles mate. 

• Subscriber

United were always a counter attacking team at their very best.

In the past Jose has played retarded formations and Fellaini/Matic/McTominay/Herrera midfield bus tactics, but that's not what we saw yesterday. The team he picked matches up well against Chelsea, nullified Hazard and carried a threat on the counter attack when they improved second half.

There's still a place for good defending in football and some of us still appreciate a good tactical set up to nullify players like Hazard. I really like Sarri so far, clearly a good coach and a very humble man with a pretty unique back story for a football manager, but I still think the Premier League needs a few Mourinhos in there as well. If United got themselves yet another high pressing manager who never gets in trouble off the pitch they might be more successful but as a neutral it would just remove the last bit of variety left in the top six sides.

6 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

The same tactics that won you 3 titles mate. 

We won those titles with players that were behind Mourinho and Mourinho were behind them. Rhetoric aside we played some great football those years. 

I don't know what United currently are. This is what you get when you spend a whole summer undermining your players. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived