The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 20th October

football forum

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/10/2018 at 09:39, Harvsky said:

PLEASE WIN.

A lot of pressure on this game but hopefully we can take enough confidence from the Old Trafford performance to deliver.

Doesn't look like you have 

44 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fulham lead at Cardiff after apparently doing 'absolutely nothing' in the first 10 minutes according to the BBC commentator there xD 

Except they had done absolutely nothing in the first ten minutes. We were over them until Schurrle's goal and even then, they did fuck all. Only drawingwith us so far simply because they're taking the chances they get.

• Administrator

What a win for Cardiff. Should give them a huge boost in confidence.

Newcastle lose again, now bottom of the league.

Sounded like Watford battered their way to victory over Wolves. 

Byebye Premier League. 

Started the game well and then the wind was taken out of our sails when it looked like Glenn Murray had died after a head collision and bad landing. Thankfully he is recovering in hospital.

Brighton got a deflected goal from a corner that really didn't look like one from where I was sitting. That's the kind of bad fortune you get at the bottom. After that they went spoiler tactics, time wasting etc, parked the bus and we didn't have the personnel to get through.

27 shots 0 goals. 

The last 10 minutes were a worry because confidence seemed to be completely gone. The players had ran out of ideas and the body language changed to having given up. The confidence rot may set in now.

I don't think the midfield can be faulted to be honest. We just don't have the players upfront to deal with the situation. It is pretty pointless constantly putting crosses in to two small guys against Brighton's big centre halves.

So much division among our fans now as everyone tries to come to terms with what is going on, what we are seeing and the high likelihood that we are going back down.

STICK THAT UP YOUR FUCKING ARSE, PREMIERSHIP ELITIST CUNTS!!!

Deserved win today and finally figured out how to take chances when we got them. Murphy was a threat for a good chunk of the game and deserved his goal, while Reid showed why we paid the money for him. Amazingly, Paterson played as a striker today (he's considered a right back), won plenty of the aerial battles and even scored. xD

Seri, for all the wankfest that surrounded him because Barcelona looked at him once, did absolutely fuck all, while Chambers had to be subbed off at half time due to the shit sliding down his leg when Murphy came up against him.

Fulham can play good football and can clearly score goals, but their defence is absolutely shocking. How Bettenelli got a call up is anyone's guess as he was shocking today. 

Hopefully this will shut the Fulham wankfest up for a bit (some said they'll fight for Europe don't forget).

Fulham need to do something quickly about their defence as they are conceding goals for fun (25 goals conceded already). I don't think they have had a settled defence or team in general so far this season so they need some consistency in team selection and work from there. For all the expensive signings in attacking positions in the summer their defensive additions were poor/not enough of them! The likes of Mawson and Chambers are decent defenders, but Chambers has soon at Arsenal he is very inconsistent and has a mistake in him.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Glad that Mahrez apparently took the piss. I don't know if I'm going soft but even despite how he was with us trying to force the move I kind of do hope he succeeds simply because of how much I've talked him up.

Newcastle I've finally turned on and I think they'll go down instead of Southampton. They look bereft of absolutely anything positive.

I'm glad Cardiff won as well. I'd actually really like them to stay up. Again, maybe I'm going soft as it's Warnock (who I used to hate) and Cardiff (who I used to hate) but I do actually quite admire them. They're a different challenge and I'm automatically inclined to side with whoever the media isn't spaffing over, so them beating Fulham comfortably gets a big thumbs up from me. As for Fulham themselves, what the fuck is that defence playing at xD they're on course to concede three figures.

Glad Wolves got beat too. Unbelievably arrogant set of fans, understandable to a degree as things are clicking for them after a long spell of being underwhelming but my god I'm a bid fed up of hearing about it. Best side to ever come up apparently. I'd imagine they'll be winning the Premier League with 3 games spare next year rather than our 2.

Archived