Crystal Palace 2-2 Everton
Crystal Palace 0-1 Everton
Everton 1-1 Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

This should be as close to a routine home win you get for a mid table side given Palace's form, but we've not exactly got a reliable record at winning these fixtures so far this season. A total mixed bag.

Everton 2-1 Southampton

Everton 1-1 Huddersfield

Everton 1-3 West Ham

Everton 1-1 Southampton (Carabao - lost on pens)

Everton 3-0 Fulham

If we can win it's a pretty big 3 points for us though. I wouldn't even like to try and guess the last time we won three league games on the bounce.

No excuse really especially if Zahas fitness is in any doubt.

• Subscriber

Half time. 0-0. Pretty poor football on display and a lot of fouls. Zaha the best player on the pitch and it looks impossible to dispossess him without fouling him. Palace had a good spell and hit the bar, we've had a couple of chances to run at their defence but decision making has been poor from our attackers. It still staggers me how consistently poor we are at threatening from set pieces and have been since the middle Moyes years.

• Subscriber

Loved that last 5 minutes. Great impact from the substitutes. Three wins in a row and a second consecutive clean sheet at home, pretty happy with that.

The front four that were so good against Leicester weren't as good today but that's the benefit of having different options like Calvert-Lewin and Tosun to come off the bench. Lookman feet for that cross were so quick I thought he'd gone for a rabona. 

Very impressive debut from Gomes I thought.

Palace can feel a bit hard done by, those next four games look brutal on paper, but I hope things turn around for them soon. They definitely need a quality forward to lead the line and allow Zaha to do his thing in a deeper position and get on the ball more often.

• The title was changed to Everton 2-0 Crystal Palace - Sunday 21st October
  • The topic was unpinned

A lot of the Palace fans are being critical for the sake of being critical after this performance. We matched Everton for the majority of the game, but they won it on the bench because they could call on Tosun and Lookman whilst we had Ayew and Kaikai.

People are saying we should have quality to bring on of that calibre, but the reality is we tried to sign those players and we very nearly did. They chose to hold out for another window and ended up going to a more established team with superior resources. Can't really blame anyone for that.

When Meyer's fully fit we really need him to hit the ground running because at the moment with Wilf playing up top were missing a deep creative spark in the absence of Ruben and Yohan. It's really wishful thinking, but the Connor Wickham pre injury two years ago would be ideal too as he would allow Wilfried Zaha to play deeper which is really where we need him right now.

The next couple of games are a write off and then it's an uphill slog to try and avoid being in the bottom three going in to Christmas. I just hope everybody remains calm and we don't panic on Roy.

Archived