• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 3-1 Leicester - Monday 22nd October

football forum

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

If ever there was a game that needed to define the phrase 'game of two halves', this was it. 

We were on top of majority of first half. Arsenal have been 100% dominant in second half. 

Iwobi and Ozil unplayable. Aubameyang unstoppable. Says a lot about the two sides when one can bring a striker like Aubameyang on and the other brings an ageing Okazaki on xD

Expected resulted but the manner of it is what's upsetting. Irrespective of the shite refereeing decision in the first half as had absolutely nothing to show to compete with them in the second half. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Ozil's contribution to the 2 goals he didn't score were probably more impressive than the goal he actually scored. The third goal especially.

The ball played through for Aubameyang's first (I think) was exquisite. Carved us open with ease.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 3-1 Leicester - Monday 22nd October

This is just getting better and better. I want to try and stay objective and keep it all balanced within myself because I don’t want the house of cards to come tumbling down.

But all the same this is exceeding my expectations by a considerable margin. 

I have been one of the posters here who slacked Ozil off so many times in the past for this lack of performances... but credit where its due, today has been easily one of the best three performances by Ozil in an Arsenal shirt... I wish he keeps that up consistently...  Very happy with the result especially after Leicester hit the crossbar with that header in the second half where I was worried a bit that the match was going to slip from Arsenal's hands

2 minutes ago, Asura said:

I have been one of the posters here who slacked Ozil off so many times in the past for this lack of performances... but credit where its due, today has been easily one of the best three performances by Ozil in an Arsenal shirt... I wish he keeps that up consistently...  Very happy with the result especially after Leicester hit the crossbar with that header in the second half where I was worried a bit that the match was going to slip from Arsenal's hands

You face Liverpool next weekend so enjoy this Ozil performance whilst you can. 

Just now, Cicero said:

You face Liverpool next weekend so enjoy this Ozil performance whilst you can. 

Yeah palace away next which is also a big test as I believe palace are hard to beat at home with the crowd behind them and then is liverpool at emirates. 

Normally I would think Ozil would go missing in those games (especially against Liverpool) but need to see if that mentatliy of his' changed under the new manager and if this is a new Ozil we are looking now. 

• Subscriber

First half I thought was arguably our best this season, second I thought was arguably our worst, and that's Puel in a nutshell. We become increasingly hard to judge as a side - capable of looking very assured, organised, creative and threatening, yet being the polar opposite in the same game. Is it fitness? Is it mentality? Our heads seemed to completely go shortly before they got their first and we never really recovered bar the Ndidi header.

Arsenal started badly but grew into it and to be honest I think ought to have probably won by even more than they did. They were excellent second half, totally dominated the game and their third was a superb bit of football. Ozil of course was quality, the absolute best of him.

The referee was a disgrace for that non-penalty alone. I'd love to hear a single person try and put up any defence for that - he's looking straight at the ball as it clearly comes off a flailing hand. As easy a penalty to give as you can ask for and he's decided not to. He's either corrupt or hasn't got the mentality to referee at this level. Absolute disgrace.

Expected nothing, got nothing, but find our tendency to collapse worrying and almost bizarre.

West Ham (h), Cardiff (a), Burnley (h). There were enough positives in that first half to make me think we could take 7 points or more from that, but as ever, we will see.

33 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This is just getting better and better. I want to try and stay objective and keep it all balanced within myself because I don’t want the house of cards to come tumbling down.

But all the same this is exceeding my expectations by a considerable margin. 

Same here, that is why I do Tantra now to channel everything. Its hard not to get carried away though. 

• Subscriber

To be honest when you got going you were excellent but it took you a lot longer than it should've done and I don't see the likes of Liverpool being too forgiving. Your run is very impressive but us or Everton are probably the best side you've beaten and we're two sides with our flaws for sure.

• Subscriber

Got to say, unfortunately other than Maddison our signings haven't really been up to much. Ricardo's got ability for sure but he's very soft and defensively he's awful, you can get away with it for someone like Porto who are winning nearly every game but for someone like us not so much. Ghezzal looks pretty hopeless in all honesty. Evans I'm undecided on, Soyuncu hasn't had a kick.

Disappointing.

28 minutes ago, Dan said:

The referee was a disgrace for that non-penalty alone. I'd love to hear a single person try and put up any defence for that - he's looking straight at the ball as it clearly comes off a flailing hand. As easy a penalty to give as you can ask for and he's decided not to. He's either corrupt or hasn't got the mentality to referee at this level. Absolute disgrace.

Holding was obviously being fouled before the ball even hit his hand. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

Same here, that is why I do Tantra now to channel everything. Its hard not to get carried away though. 

54 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Ozil could of found Madeline McCann with some of those passes tonight.  

It's as if the players have suddenly started to believe in something they had forgotten they had which is all to do with the qualities they have and the reason they play for a club like Arsenal. 

It's not perfect by a long margin and an elite club for instance would've made us pay heavily for that first half... Or at least they would've been more effective against our seeming indifference to those minutes.  But it's all a learning curve and how a team can't just perform on select days because a season lasts only so long and that's the amount of time given to produce enough to compete.

But whatever it is, the players seem to have a belief that it's all about a combination of small factors that'll get them clicking any time soon within 90 minutes and that then they have the sufficient talent and quality to make it tell or at least punish the opponent.

Özil had a great game but he's had great games (and many) for Arsenal since he arrived.  I or anyone doesn't need to be told the natural talent he has and what he can deliver.  I will be measured in my approach to his capability to offer performances ALL season because a player of hat quality should have the necessary balls about him to lift a team when it needs to find itself in everything it can give.  I want to believe it was HIM who pushed the team forward today and that they rallied behind his quality and that in the end it shine because it's there, it exists.

The season is long and arduous... Enjoy the moments were being given which for me (as I mentioned before) are beyond what I expected and let's see what position we are able to challenge for and who against come the telling moments of the season. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived