• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 3-1 Leicester - Monday 22nd October

football forum

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Panna King said:

Yes because I stood up as I could see something wrong how the club was going, more people did the same.  At least they have changed a few things and it seems to be going back in the right direction. 

Definitely. Just need to get rid of kronke

6 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Its called game management. 

Or it could be that Arsenal have played 7 games against teams that they should be easily beating with the players they have? 

The two decent teams Arsenal have played this season, they lost both. 

That said, I think you lot will probably beat us next week. We are in horrible form, despite only dropping 4 points all season. 

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Or it could be that Arsenal have played 7 games against teams that they should be easily beating with the players they have? 

That said, I think you lot will probably beat us next week. We are in horrible form, despite only dropping 4 points all season. 

Well losing against Man City is no real shock, plus this is a manager who is changing the style of play which is not going to be shown on the first game we played, it would of been better to of started against an easier team but thats just how the fixtures work out.     Arsenal can only beat what is in front of them, they are gradually getting better every game and they will judged now against Liverpool as they have had time to adjust.     

The main point I was making at first as we saw with England in the World Cup and in their recent game,  why waste all of the teams energy in the first half trying to win the game when its over 90 minutes,  Arsenal seem to finish stronger as they have conserved their energy. 

16 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Well losing against Man City is no real shock, plus this is a manager who is changing the style of play which is not going to be shown on the first game we played, it would of been better to of started against an easier team but thats just how the fixtures work out.     Arsenal can only beat what is in front of them, they are gradually getting better every game and they will judged now against Liverpool as they have had time to adjust.     

The main point I was making at first as we saw with England in the World Cup and in their recent game,  why waste all of the teams energy in the first half trying to win the game when its over 90 minutes,  Arsenal seem to finish stronger as they have conserved their energy. 

Fair point mate

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

On paper the 7 games mentioned are easier than against the usual suspects but we all also have to understand where Arsenal are coming from in recent times where we have been so unpredictable that we could lose against any team and that means ANY team!

To have mounted this run in conjunction with league games and Europe (10 games in total) is something I definitely wasn't expecting.  

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Arsenal should beat Liverpool on current form, but both are nowhere near Manchester City, who will pull away sooner or later.

Mate, we all know City are going to win the league (and so they should given the squad and money thrown at it), no need to bring it up in every discussion. 

What does Man City have to do with Arsenal and Liverpool's current form? 

City came to Anfield BTW and for the first time ever employed Mourinho tactics and stuck 10 men behind the ball. Pep learnt his lesson. 

• Subscriber

Mate, we all know City are going to win the league (and so they should given the squad and money thrown at it), no need to bring it up in every discussion. 

What does Man City have to do with Arsenal and Liverpool's current form? 

City came to Anfield BTW and for the first time ever employed Mourinho tactics and stuck 10 men behind the ball. Pep learnt his lesson. 

That's very harsh. I thought they had the better of that game to be honest, only an utterly insane decision to let Mahrez take a penalty cost them all three and for me they'd have been deserved.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

That's very harsh. I thought they had the better of that game to be honest, only an utterly insane decision to let Mahrez take a penalty cost them all three and for me they'd have been deserved.

Deserved? They had one shot on target I believe whereas Salah shanked 3 chances he'd usually bury. 

I'm not saying we were the better team but Pep certainly altered his tactics to try and get a result. He said as much himself. 

• Subscriber

City comfortably outplayed Liverpool at Anfield. If one of the current top two have adapted their tactics to be more conservative recently it certainly isn't Man City, not that there's anything wrong with it but let's get our facts straight.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

City comfortably outplayed Liverpool at Anfield. If one of the current top two have adapted their tactics to be more conservative recently it certainly isn't Man City, not that there's anything wrong with it but let's get our facts straight.

MadLad's post about City 'parking the bus' is very wrong but so is yours saying City comfortably outplayed us. It was a fairly even game on the balance of play that we were fortunate to draw with the late penalty miss. City were certainly more cautious than ever in that game though and both teams seemed happy with a draw

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Not sure I agree with this. Manchester City clearly adapted their gameplan in a more conservative fashion to prevent Liverpool playing, they are so good that they can still dominate possession whilst doing this but they barely threatened. 

It's not a crime to do this by the way, their seems to be some image conjured up where Guardiola is some free flowing zealot who just goes gung ho and let's this 'pure football' roam free. Far from it, he's always been a very capable defensive coach. Remember Barcelona in Europe under him, they barely won away from home in the knock out rounds and were often far less adventurous than they were at home.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Nah mate, I think you must have watched a different game. Apart from the penalty, City barely got a sniff of a goal. They won the possession stats but it was us that created the better chances. 

Nah mate, I think you must have watched a different game. Apart from the penalty, City barely got a sniff of a goal. They won the possession stats but it was us that created the better chances. 

The XG from the game suggests Man City created the slightly better chances. Liverpool's was 0.43 and Man City's was 1.07... It also suggests it was a shit game.

11 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Its the biggest game of the season for us. They were all winnable games but credit where credits due it's always hard to win ten in a row

5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Its the biggest game of the season for us. They were all winnable games but credit where credits due it's always hard to win ten in a row

The thing about depicting the club's we've beaten is neither here nor there.  All the clubs above us have dropped points against teams that on paper they should've beaten and the same all around Europe.  Hell, Real Madrid just lost at home to Levante this weekend just gone.

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The thing about depicting the club's we've beaten is neither here nor there.  All the clubs above us have dropped points against teams that on paper they should've beaten and the same all around Europe.  Hell, Real Madrid just lost at home to Levante this weekend just gone.

We've dropped 2 points against Chelsea (away) and 2 against City, that's it. 

I don't know why you Liverpool fans are getting so insecure about our winning run. I don't think any of us have claimed that we've been better than Liverpool this season. It's strange. Always making yourselves the victims somehow.

:ph34r:

40 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I don't know why you Liverpool fans are getting so insecure about our winning run. I don't think any of us have claimed that we've been better than Liverpool this season. It's strange. Always making yourselves the victims somehow.

I think they're loathing the potential of a new darling in the coach stakes where Unai Emery is concerned seeing as he's the new guy on the block. :ph34r:

They need not worry because us Arsenal fans have our feet firmly placed on the ground and we know where we stand.

35 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I think they're loathing the potential of a new darling in the coach stakes where Unai Emery is concerned seeing as he's the new guy on the block. :ph34r:

They still hate him from the time he embarrassed Klopp in a Europa League final.

59 minutes ago, 6666 said:

They still hate him from the time he embarrassed Klopp in a Europa League final.

The murky water is becoming much clearer now.

We have absolutely nothing to lose because we are rebuilding... So the pressure is all on them which makes this all very entertaining.

15 hours ago, 6666 said:

Emery has started of better than klopp did. Not saying he is a better coach but he has started of better than most. Trying to think of the last arsenal manager who started of really well. :whistling::ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived