Morecambe vs Colchester
Oldham vs Port Vale
Stevenage vs Crewe
Swindon vs Mansfield
Yeovil vs Tranmere

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might try and get out of the house for a couple hours on Saturday to watch Bishop’s Stortford v Corinthian Casuals in the Bostik Prem. 

Stortford are unbeaten in eight and have risen up to about 7th, which is the highest I can ever remember them being in any league they’ve played in for a long time. Jamie Cureton is joint-interim manager alongside majority backer of the club, Steve Smith. 

Corinthian Casuals are English Footballing royalty so it would be great to see them. 

Frustrating for us that we gain Hernandez, Berardi and Roofe back from injuries but don't have the first choice full backs available in Ayling and Barry Douglas. They are so crucial to the way we go forward and we missed Douglas' delivery against Brentford. I just want to have our full eleven ready and available again so we can have a fair crack at this season.

Hoping we win as we are well backed today, around 7,500 fans away from home. Need this win desperately really because one win from the last four is not the best for what we want to achieve. We set the standard pretty high early doors and after losing key players, we were unable to keep to that so hopefully we can play something like we have done previously this season, like against Stoke, Derby, Norwich, Preston etc.

Blackburn are having a decent start and will be tricky to beat. I just hope we have enough.

Pukki out for a month. WIll be tough today, Rhodes needs to step up and work really hard like Pukki does. The break would've been good for us though, we've had a tough schedule at not rotated much.

An optimistic 1-1 prediction

Just now, Stan said:

What happened?

I'll try and find a clip but in general, he had the ball and all the time in the world in his own half (could have pretty much passed it anywhere). Started to get pressured, panicked and passed it back...........to Besic. Suddenly became two on one, Besic gave the ball to Assombalonga and put it into the empty net.

Absolutely woeful.

• Administrator
Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'll try and find a clip but in general, he had the ball and all the time in the world in his own half (could have pretty much passed it anywhere). Started to get pressured, panicked and passed it back...........to Besic. Suddenly became two on one, Besic gave the ball to Assombalonga and put it into the empty net.

Absolutely woeful.

xD 

Seems like one of those brain-fart moments. 

Boom we tired towards the end and they reverted to the defensive negative style and invited pressure but we held on. 

Overall much improved with a clear indication of where we’re going under Smith. Need a few defensive reinforcements in Jan but on the whole this squad is good enough to smash anyone in this league. 

4 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

The Wheels have fell off Leeds. They completely had me I was creaming over them 4 games in and now they’re going to have a job making the playoffs 

They do this often mind. Start off great then start to slide away (not that being two points off is sliding away just yet).

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

They do this often mind. Start off great then start to slide away (not that being two points off is sliding away just yet).

Ah well I see Brentford, West Brom & Sheffield United lost to, it’s all tightened up massively. 

Think whoever strengthens properly in Jan will win it

3 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

The Wheels have fell off Leeds. They completely had me I was creaming over them 4 games in and now they’re going to have a job making the playoffs 

To be fair, we've not been able to field our first choice team since we beat Norwich away 3-0. Some big players have been missing and any side would miss key players.

But it is worrying for me that we're looking at a familiar pattern here. So frustrating as well because there is no doubt we can play some nice stuff. Our goal had a brilliant build up from back to front of nearly 20 odd passes, a beautiful goal like a few we've now scored similar.

But the nuts and bolts of it is today we've been done by a team who have slung in two crosses to big tall blokes and scored from both. Which was the more effective? Obviously Blackburn's method. But it would be unfair to say that was all they were about.

We have managed one goal in each of the last five games. These days, one goal is not usually enough to win games unless your defence is water tight. So you will be hard pushed to win many games only scoring one each time. We need to rediscover our confidence and what made us play with such courage and no fear.

21 minutes ago, Lucas said:

To be fair, we've not been able to field our first choice team since we beat Norwich away 3-0. Some big players have been missing and any side would miss key players.

But it is worrying for me that we're looking at a familiar pattern here. So frustrating as well because there is no doubt we can play some nice stuff. Our goal had a brilliant build up from back to front of nearly 20 odd passes, a beautiful goal like a few we've now scored similar.

But the nuts and bolts of it is today we've been done by a team who have slung in two crosses to big tall blokes and scored from both. Which was the more effective? Obviously Blackburn's method. But it would be unfair to say that was all they were about.

We have managed one goal in each of the last five games. These days, one goal is not usually enough to win games unless your defence is water tight. So you will be hard pushed to win many games only scoring one each time. We need to rediscover our confidence and what made us play with such courage and no fear.

I think you’re still in it but I was saying you’d walk it initially because 5 games in you were the only team in it. Think it will be really tight  this year with whoever puts a big run together after Christmas taking it

• Subscriber

Current top 3 makes me go meh. If you offered me one of Leeds or Villa coming up now I'd take it.

It is good to see Mo Besic flourishing at Middlesbrough though. He won't ever come back and make it with us but he's a good player and a cracking character.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived