talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball - Documentary

img_rrodriguez_20181017-172251_imagenes_

Take The Ball, Pass The Ball is being touted as one of the most insightful and dramatic football documentaries ever made.  Both The Guardian and Universal Studios have teamed together to create this magical piece of real life football drama based on the years Pep Guardiola coached FC Barcelona.

Footage never seen before, interviews never conceded by footballer's before on this subject have now been released and permitted for everyone that loves football to enjoy.

Everything on how Johan Cruyff's instructions, dreams and wishes came to fruition via what he saw as his non biological son, Josep Guardiola.

The evolution of Cruyffism made into reality!

The documentary is soon to be released...

Here you have the trailer.

poster_take_the_ball_pass_the_ball.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

They really did create the best football ever seen, in my opinion. 2009 - what a year that was.

I can't watch enough reminiscing about that team, so i'm looking forward to this.

Also the Spain team from 2007 - 2012 heavily dominated by Barcelona players. Perfection.

2 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

They really did create the best football ever seen, in my opinion. 2009 - what a year that was.

I can't watch enough reminiscing about that team, so i'm looking forward to this.

Also the Spain team from 2007 - 2012 heavily dominated by Barcelona players. Perfection.

Interestingly the 'Barca revolution' was actually fully in sway before the Bald man came along, Luis Aragones is seemingly written out of history but he created the blueprint for Spain and made Guardiola's life a lot easier, as he had already found the key to success in the Xavi-niesta dynamic.     

The real reason Barcelona have been so succesful is Messi. During this time the club has become an absolute monster, the club most in favour of playing in America. Cruyff? Fuck off, Ajax are that club, Amseterdam is that city. Not the conservative Catalans, wanting their independence, not out of resentment at a right-wing centralist government, but largely bankrolled by a twats who don't like paying tax.                                                                                     

Luis Aragonés' period isn't undervalued in the slightest, Infact he is one of the ultimate Spanish football legends in more ways than one. But what he achieved in his time with Spain as head coach is something completely apart to what occurred at Barcelona even though oddly enough both things happened almost at the same time.

Where Luis Aragonés has something important to do with what eventually occurred at Barcelona the following season is important but totally different.  You only have to listen to the Barcelona players involved in Aragonés' time as head coach to understand where that all fits in.  People just read timelines and then through their own agenda decide what they want to voice as an opinion.  But for those that followed everything that occurred through the moment (I for example was living in Spain at the time) invloving them.  They say he instilled confidence and made them believe in the potential he knew they had, that they were the best players in the world of their generation and he wasn't wrong.

Aragonés' style was very different to that which occurred with Pep's Barcelona.  Even though that crap tag of tiki-taka was evident, that's nothing new seeing as that was what was being taught in most of Spain's best academies at the time.n the pass and move possession based game is something Spain have had to implement due to their inferior physical presence compared to some other European nations.

Anyway, don't want to go deep into this and just to say that what Pep Guardiola achieved with Barcelona is something that had been being brewed for three decades after the reform in La Masia back when Cruyff was a player, not a coach.

• Subscriber

I may be a bit naive here but isn't Rinus Michels responsible for Total Football whereas Cruyff took that same philosophy and changed it to apply to pivot systems that eventually led to years of success at Barcelona? Might be born from the same concept but certainly very different from each other?

46 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Nicked from Ajax you mean, Cruyff isn't responsible for this philosophy ffs. This nauseating revisionism is trying to wipe out real history for this Barcelona lie.

I'm afraid you're wrong...

An Englishman called Vic Buckingham invented total football (a man ostracised from the English game and seen as suspicious in his approach with small players) took it first to Ajax and then to Barcelona as head coach. He then employed Rinus Michels (Holland) who had evolved it with the then player at Ajax Johan Cruyff and both revolutionised Spanish football with it since then.

So curiously both clubs Ajax and Barcelona have a founding right to it and worked in unison with the evolution being implemented at Barça because Cruyff stayed there almost for the rest of his life and totally finished the reformation Vic Buckingham had started in 1969.

This is where I go with people just basing an opinion off the top of their head mainly based on what commentators say during football matches instead of researching it all.

Whether you like it or not or anyone for that matter that has a similar view on the club for whatever reason, Barcelona was handed a prescious tool of the modernisation of football by the foundation in the Netherlands and evolved it.

6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I may be a bit naive here but isn't Rinus Michels responsible for Total Football whereas Cruyff took that same philosophy and changed it to apply to pivot systems that eventually led to years of success at Barcelona? Might be born from the same concept but certainly very different from each other?

Vic Buckingham had Rinus Michels as his pupil.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Vic Buckingham had Rinus Michels as his pupil.

Learn something new everyday. Having said that I was looking at the mans roster and saw the list of clubs he managed at, impressive albeit for short stints, even has a year a Sevilla way back in 1972.

14 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Learn something new everyday. Having said that I was looking at the mans roster and saw the list of clubs he managed at, impressive albeit for short stints, even has a year a Sevilla way back in 1972.

He was a football preacher more than anything.  A priest of the game that apparently spent hours speaking about how physical prowess has nothing to to do with what the ultimate that can be gotten from the game.  He kept on stating that the game should be entertainment for the local population that looked for an escape to what in Europe was at the time from the working classes, poverty.  He was anti results although admitted that they were the objective but only with playing the game in an entertaining manner.  We have another pupil of his here in England in terms of reverence because he never met him...  Infact he is very like him in character too in the shape of Marcelo Bielsa.

Other football men that publicly claimed to revere Buckingham are César Luis Menotti and curiously enough seeing as he has been part of this debate, Luis Aragonés although with Aragonés he admitted that the media would never allow football to evolve unless it occurred instantly, with his famous "Win Win and Win again" speech to the pres in a post match conference.

And for the record... Johan Cruyff is accredited with most of the work because he was the one who evolved it and made it successful on the international scene (European Club football).  Until then it was seen as pretty but ultimately failing in the final moments superseded by physical prowess.

• 1 month later...

Archived