talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lottery

football forum

• Administrator

Do you play it?

Not sure what they have in other countries (apparently you ask for 2 lucky dicks in Scotland @Rab can you confirm?). 

Main game here is National Lottery. I do a syndicate with my family and we won £1500 in June 2015. Nothing else on that level since though. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well not exactly lottery but about 15 years ago there was a TV show on here where they played some kind of bingo and you had to guess the numbers over the phone, one day we were seeing the show at home and out of the blue some numbers came to my mind, i told my family the numbers and that i desperately wanted to play, sadly we had those phones where you charged credit through cards at the time, and we had ran out of it so we couldn't make the call. I was sure the numbers were correct and guess what, they fucking were! It was a random five figures number, had that call went through i would have won about USD $40.000. I was frustrated and devastated for years because of it and to this day i still cannot explain how that number suddenly came to my mind.

7 hours ago, Berserker said:

Well not exactly lottery but about 15 years ago there was a TV show on here where they played some kind of bingo and you had to guess the numbers over the phone, one day we were seeing the show at home and out of the blue some numbers came to my mind, i told my family the numbers and that i desperately wanted to play, sadly we had those phones where you charged credit through cards at the time, and we had ran out of it so we couldn't make the call. I was sure the numbers were correct and guess what, they fucking were! It was a random five figures number, had that call went through i would have won about USD $40.000. I was frustrated and devastated for years because of it and to this day i still cannot explain how that number suddenly came to my mind.

That was the universe reaching down in its divine glory to dangle the carrot painstakingly in front of you, only to snatch it away and laugh.

The world is a horrible place. And hope is a blind bitch with sharp claws.

• 4 years later...
  • Subscriber

The wife said "Weird bloody numbers on the lottery last night, 32, 35, 36, 37, 40, 51 & bonus ball 43... I guess we didn't win anything?",  "WRONG darling, we won £37 with a lucky dip..." that will be spent on the grandsons guaranteed knowing the wife.  :D

abdd45ff-cdf5-4111-b683-381b50c0bc0b.png

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

I have been playing this Thunderball on the lottery lately, not megabucks but the occasional £1 a go with normally 5 lines at a £5 a shot and I have been bloody lucky.

I put 3 lines on last night at a £1 a shot and won £3, this is not the first time as I have been playing this now for a few weeks and have won £3 a few times on one number coming up, normally me and the wife will put dosh on the Grand National or the Derby once a year but this Thunderball is now on our betting list. 

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I get a couple a week... When I was staying in Notts I would do all of them just so I had an excuse to go and take the dog for a walk most nights as I  was that bored in the evenings... xD

I can't stop winning atm  :banana: xD

da71ad70-6bcd-4e0f-95e0-fcca949789c9.png

download.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 15/01/2022 at 12:02, Bluewolf said:

I get a couple a week... When I was staying in Notts I would do all of them just so I had an excuse to go and take the dog for a walk most nights as I  was that bored in the evenings... xD

Are you still doing this Thunderball? I put £4 on Tuesdays Thunderball, 4 lines at a £1 ago and won £10 quid, then Wednesday put £6 on 6 lines at a £1 a go and won a lovely £100 quid!!!! xD

It came in handy as it's our second eldest grandson's Birthday coming up so that will be spent on him and the rest on the other grandsons. 

download.png

I don't do the lottery, I have an occasional gamble on football bets and that's me.

But about three and a half years ago, definitely before the first ever lockdown, we went out to a Chinese buffet for my birthday. At the end, i opened up one of those fortune cookie things where it gives you a quote and some lucky numbers.

For a laugh, i signed up to do the Lottery online and bought a ticket for £2 with those numbers. 3 of them came in so that was £30.

Best Chinese ever.

• 11 months later...
  • Subscriber

Still been lucky playing Thunderball and winning £3, 5 & 10 now and then, and once won £100, going to put the Euro on tonight as the feet man, @MUFC, has just started a thread called Would becoming a millionaire change you as a person? and got me dreaming. 

Archived