• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Arturo Vidal Fined £700,000 for Nightclub Fight

Recommended Posts

Barcelona midfielder Arturo Vidal has been fined 800,000 euros (£700,000) by a Munich court after being found guilty of assault during a nightclub fight last year.

Munich district court fined the Chile international based on 80 days worth of wages, calculated to be 10,000 euros (£8,800) per day for the Barcelona player, who left Bayern Munich in August after three years with the German club.

The 31-year-old was not in court in Munich to hear the judge's verdict as he played in Chile's 1-0 win over Mexico on Wednesday, which "professionally prevented" his appearance in Bavaria, his lawyer said.

Vidal and his half-brother were both found guilty after attacking another man at Munich's Crowns Club in September 2017, which was reportedly caught on security camera.

Vidal's half sibling Sandrino, 25, was fined 18,000 euros (£15,800), based on 120 days salary at 150 euros (£130) per day - a higher penalty because he also threw a glass during the incident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn’t there any way Barcelona can sack this individual?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Paulinho, Turan, aleix Vidal, etc ...the list of epic fail signings is truly depressing when you think about how much playing time and squad spots those players have robbed la masía youngsters off. The quicker Barto fucks off to prison, the quicker this great club can begin rebuilding it's reputation.

But cules won't talk about that, they are too worried about Don José Mourinho.

as much as you're worried about Klopp :35_thinking:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Paulinho, Turan, aleix Vidal, etc ...the list of epic fail signings is truly depressing when you think about how much playing time and squad spots those players have robbed la masía youngsters off. The quicker Barto fucks off to prison, the quicker this great club can begin rebuilding it's reputation.

But cules won't talk about that, they are too worried about Don José Mourinho.

Instead of being worried abou United, you bitch about Barcelona! Seems like all bases are covered then.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Paulinho, Turan, aleix Vidal, etc ...the list of epic fail signings is truly depressing when you think about how much playing time and squad spots those players have robbed la masía youngsters off. The quicker Barto fucks off to prison, the quicker this great club can begin rebuilding it's reputation.

But cules won't talk about that, they are too worried about Don José Mourinho.

But for every shit signing there is a Ter Stegen, Umtiti, Suarez, Rakitic, Coutinho, Neymar, Alba....

 

United haven't made a great signing in years, even in Fergie's last years. If it wasn't for Fergie in fact, you'd just be a club who once won the European cup in the 60s.

 

Worried about Mourinho? The easiest Clasico I've ever seen was when he was at Real Madrid. Set out to attack for the first time ever and got spanked 5-0. Highly overrated manager who just had a period of success before being massively found out. He's brought absolutely nothing revolutionary to the game and is a mere stain on the sport.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mourinho was someone to be worried about when at Chelsea and Inter, but not anymore. Probably the most overrated manager of alltime with his tinpot tactics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah to be honest though @Teso dos Bichos, you are right about the shit signings.Too many of them are made lately, when there is a youth system there which could be utilised better. Why buy Paco when there was Munir, for example, or signing Vidal when there is Aleña? Paco Alcacer is class, but needs to be playing to showcase his talents, so signings like this make no sense if not being used properly.

Paulinho was another shite signing, even if he did start well, then there are signings such as Denis Suarez, where he has pure talent but is never used properly. It's a massive waste.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Whatever you are smoking Chrissy, I want a pound of it por favor. 

You say over, I say underrated. CL with Porto and inter , not in their wildest dreams could Pep and Klopp accomplish such thing. Out of those three , who has won an European competition more recent? 

Right now he is struggling because of the excuse of a squad he was given at man Utd but undoubtedly, Don Jose Mourinho is the GOAT of this generation. 

    

He was great at Porto as well, that was his biggest achievement but from since he moved to Real he has gotten significantly worse.

 

He's a dullard of a person as well. I'm not sure how people can find him entertainment. He'd be a wank night out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Whatever you are smoking Chrissy, I want a pound of it por favor. 

You say over, I say underrated. CL with Porto and inter , not in their wildest dreams could Pep and Klopp accomplish such thing. Out of those three , who has won an European competition more recent? 

Right now he is struggling because of the excuse of a squad he was given at man Utd but undoubtedly, Don Jose Mourinho is the GOAT of this generation. 

  

How can you be the 'Goat' of a generation? It's a complete oxymoron.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

He was great at Porto as well, that was his biggest achievement but from since he moved to Real he has gotten significantly worse.

He went to Real Madrid believing all his players were potential allies. He left Real Madrid believing all his players were potential enemies.

Aitor Karanka has shared stories about how every confidential meeting was being leaked in less than an hour. That club really change his attitude. You can see he's a lot more of a dark character now.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

76% possession for Barcelona and Inter playing with 10 for majority of the match xD

Also a perfectly legal Bojan goal ruled out, which would have sent Inter home.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Mourinho deserves credit for his time with Porto, absolutely insane what he did with them considering the circumstances.

Took a wrongfully ruled out Scholes goal for it to happen tbf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

He went to Real Madrid believing all his players were potential allies. He left Real Madrid believing all his players were potential enemies.

Aitor Karanka has shared stories about how every confidential meeting was being leaked in less than an hour. That club really change his attitude. You can see he's a lot more of a dark character now.

That happened because Mourinho created something unreal that doesn't work in Spain but did in England.  The players soon cottoned onto the lies of a siege mentality and the moment Casillas called Xavi by phone (someone at Barça leaked that), that's where it all went down hill for Mourinho.

His time is well documented in Spain and the truth is known.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum

I said it from the start that Vidal was going to be a disaster signing. Ill disciplined, past his best and doesn't have a good relationship with Messi. It was a problem waiting to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barca have been run terribly as of late when you consider their tradition. 

Teso may spout shit, but he's spot on regarding their neglect of youth. Modern Football. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed and now Barça are looking to sign a defender just for six months due to Umtiti looking to be out for four months (injury) and also Thomas Vermaelen who has yet another of his hundreds of injuries (what do they eat in Belgium that they're so weak?)

Instead of taking the opportunity to blood in a homegrown player they're looking elsewhere for a stop-gap solution.  There is a part of me that understands them in terms of competitively is these days something that's paramount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Indeed and now Barça are looking to sign a defender just for six months due to Umtiti looking to be out for four months (injury) and also Thomas Vermaelen who has yet another of his hundreds of injuries (what do they eat in Belgium that they're so weak?)

Instead of taking the opportunity to blood in a homegrown player they're looking elsewhere for a stop-gap solution.  There is a part of me that understands them in terms of competitively is these days something that's paramount.

Waffles and Fries :D

 

Barcelona have been going down hill with their youth ever since Cruyff was not involved in the club, the same thing happened to Ajax until he got involved again which now you are seeing huge results by his reconstruction of the youth at Ajax and across the Netherlands, it was like it was his last gift before he died. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Waffles and Fries :D

 

Barcelona have been going down hill with their youth ever since Cruyff was not involved in the club, the same thing happened to Ajax until he got involved again which now you are seeing huge results by his reconstruction of the youth at Ajax and across the Netherlands, it was like it was his last gift before he died. 

The thing is there's absolutely nothing wrong at La Masia because it's still producing top talent.  Obviously we can't be extremists in our demands because natural talent is exactly that, something you have within you and then the correct system and coaches bring that which you have out thus reproducing it on the field of play.

But Barcelona's academy are producing top top talent which is why they practically walk most international youth club tournaments almost every year.  The problem lies in the exhausting modern approach to having to stay on top and this phenomenon has become more acute in the last five to six years or so...  So many clubs are now joining in as being competitive all across Europe with the modernisation of the game having become a blanket approach used by many and this has gone onto create a psychosis at the elite clubs that they have to bring in ready made players.

La Masia are being observed and have more scouts at their youth games than for the main side... They subsequently have their players poached which is only natural for obvious reasons of wanting to make their way as early on as possible... You guys in Holland know about the consequences of this and especially at Ajax.

Without going all the way down to the 'C' team and younger with a multitude of extremely talented youngsters, you tells what someone like Aleña has to do to get his chance? A player that's as well known as any youngster across Europe and he plays for Barcelona's 'B' team in the second division.  Like him there are three or four others that 8 years ago would now be in the first team squad slowly being blooded in.

Cruyff's setup in the youth development system at Barcelona isn't a case of being forgotten at all... It can't be forgotten because it's fundamentally what the club is really all about.  It's a belief, almost a creed and a religious sentiment that the club stands for.  Inbetween this current tenure of directors and what's happened to the game with Barcelona being within the elite... The necessities have dictated that juggling both ideals is now very difficult.

If you wait to blood the players in, have patience to bring through a new generation, you will subsequently go through the slow down in results and more than possibly the reduction in winning honours.  In that time you will inevitably see coaches being sacked and all sorts of distortion and a case of crisis sensation enveloping the club... Especially seeing as one of the biggest rivals, if not the biggest, lives and breathes in the same league, Real Madrid.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The thing is there's absolutely nothing wrong at La Masia because it's still producing top talent.  Obviously we can't be extremists in our demands because natural talent is exactly that, something you have within you and then the correct system and coaches bring that which you have out thus reproducing it on the field of play.

But Barcelona's academy are producing top top talent which is why they practically walk most international youth club tournaments almost every year.  The problem lies in the exhausting modern approach to having to stay on top and this phenomenon has become more acute in the last five to six years or so...  So many clubs are now joining in as being competitive all across Europe with the modernisation of the game having become a blanket approach used by many and this has gone onto create a psychosis at the elite clubs that they have to bring in ready made players.

La Masia are being observed and have more scouts at their youth games than for the main side... They subsequently have their players poached which is only natural for obvious reasons of wanting to make their way as early on as possible... You guys in Holland know about the consequences of this and especially at Ajax.

Without going all the way down to the 'C' team and younger with a multitude of extremely talented youngsters, you tells what someone like Aleña has to do to get his chance? A player that's as well known as any youngster across Europe and he plays for Barcelona's 'B' team in the second division.  Like him there are three or four others that 8 years ago would now be in the first team squad slowly being blooded in.

Cruyff's setup in the youth development system at Barcelona isn't a case of being forgotten at all... It can't be forgotten because it's fundamentally what the club is really all about.  It's a belief, almost a creed and a religious sentiment that the club stands for.  Inbetween this current tenure of directors and what's happened to the game with Barcelona being within the elite... The necessities have dictated that juggling both ideals is now very difficult.

If you wait to blood the players in, have patience to bring through a new generation, you will subsequently go through the slow down in results and more than possibly the reduction in winning honours.  In that time you will inevitably see coaches being sacked and all sorts of distortion and a case of crisis sensation enveloping the club... Especially seeing as one of the biggest rivals, if not the biggest, lives and breathes in the same league, Real Madrid.

That's is what I meant, about Cruijff not being there, the presidents put pressure on the coaches to deliver because of teams like Real Madrid so there is no time to give youth a chance when they have no influence like a Cruijff at that level.   Ajax have also had the same problem until recently, now they have allowed the club to bring through new blood in the team which has led to the team not winning the title of over 4 years but this group of directors see a bigger picture for this.    Ajax have so much money now and also have a long list of top youth players coming up from the ranks who have been given the chance to play every week.   The problem always starts at the top as they have a different vision on how they feel the club is run to the history of the club or even the coach at the time,  when in reality bringing quick fix players does not solve a problem.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement