talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

When Will Newcastle Win Their First Game?

• Administrator

Apparently first time ever they've gone their first 9 games without a win in the top flight. 

Their next fixtures are:

Southampton away

Watford home

Bournemouth home 

Burnley  away 

West Ham home 

Everton away 

Wolves home 

That takes them well in to December. Are they well and truly fucked? 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to try and be positive in the interests of health and wellbeing :4_joy:

I don't think Man Utd or Brighton could have complained much if we had of beaten them.

A win will come soon unless confidence collapses (a real possibility after the last 10 minutes today).

Problem is 2 points in the fitst 1/4 of the season. How are we going to get to the target 20 points by the half way point? Oh shit that turned negative fast :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

I'm going to try and be positive in the interests of health and wellbeing :4_joy:

I don't think Man Utd or Brighton could have complained much if we had of beaten them.

A win will come soon unless confidence collapses (a real possibility after the last 10 minutes today).

Problem is 2 points in the fitst 1/4 of the season. How are we going to get to the target 20 points by the half way point? Oh shit that turned negative fast :ph34r:

It will all be ok. That's what northern rock said 

10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It will all be ok. That's what northern rock said 

I did my work experience at Northern Rock when I was 15. They had me do some filing. I put a few things back in the wrong place with no way of remembering which ones it was. A few years later Northern Rock brought the economy down.

:ph34r:

2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

I did my work experience at Northern Rock when I was 15. They had me do some filing. I put a few things back in the wrong place with no way of remembering which ones it was. A few years later Northern Rock brought the economy down.

:ph34r:

Glad you didn't do your work experience at arsenal

1 hour ago, Harry said:

This week. They've been unlucky not to have 8 pts so far at the least 

What worries me is the same could have been said under Steve McClown in the early days. 

Failing to get the results the players confidence diminished, pressure of needing results took its toll and with it the performances ended up dire and clueless.

Also in January under McClown, Ashley panicked and sanctioned spending to save his asset value. Premier League status is the only asset the club has, it's the difference between him asking for £400m and asking for £40m. Ashley is used to asset values fluctuating wildly. It's his life. He has lost over £1bn in wealth in the last 6 months from it.

I suspect the same will happen again where we will spend in January. However given that Ashley is not sanctioning spending and instead has used £20-40m of the clubs increased revenue on paying off debt to himself in one big chunk then maybe he won't spend at all.

It appears that there’s a general apathy around the club. 

Benitez looks resigned to the fact the club’s a mess and looks like he’s given up and the fans can only seemingly muster a protest that involves shouting at a building on a Saturday morning that’s full of student Saturday workers. 

Surely it must get to a point where people actually stop putting money into the club and attending games and where the results on the pitch become meaningless as the real battle isn’t taking place on a football pitch, it’s happening in the stands. 

• Administrator
15 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Quite a few winnable games in that run. By the time Christmas comes round they'll be well out of the bottom 3. 

The only one I see as remotely winnable is Southampton away. Based on their form I can't see them being out of the bottom 3. 

On 23/10/2018 at 11:03, Gunnersauraus said:

Mike Ashley is a disgrace. I genuinely do feel sorry for Newcastle fans. Is there boycotts of sports direct in Newcastle @Harvsky ?

Sort of but not enough to lead them to close down. 

The main problem with any protest is a lack of unity about what is the "right" thing to do.

On saturday for example there were plenty of passionate discussions between people who think no one should turn up for the wolves game and people who think we have to stick with the team in this difficult moment.

It's all well and good everyone having their opinion on what would work, but unless there's decent leadership that can create unity then it's not going to get anywhere.

It's like when some people boo and others are disgusted by booing at that point. 

What you have to remember is Newcastle has an enormous fan base primarily of middle aged men. You might be able to get some sort of unity on an action if the fan base is small, perhaps with a collective part made up of some self proclaimed ultras that can do the leading. 

We can't get that. We have a fanbase of individuals all talking the talk but waiting for someone else to make them walk the walk. Or some acting practically on their own and just abusing whoever doesn't do what they do.

22 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Sort of but not enough to lead them to close down. 

The main problem with any protest is a lack of unity about what is the "right" thing to do.

On saturday for example there were plenty of passionate discussions between people who think no one should turn up for the wolves game and people who think we have to stick with the team in this difficult moment.

It's all well and good everyone having their opinion on what would work, but unless there's decent leadership that can create unity then it's not going to get anywhere.

It's like when some people boo and others are disgusted by booing at that point. 

What you have to remember is Newcastle has an enormous fan base primarily of middle aged men. You might be able to get some sort of unity on an action if the fan base is small, perhaps with a collective part made up of some self proclaimed ultras that can do the leading. 

We can't get that. We have a fanbase of individuals all talking the talk but waiting for someone else to make them walk the walk. Or some acting practically on their own and just abusing whoever doesn't do what they do.

The only way to get rid of Ashley is to make it unprofitable for him to keep Newcastle. He clearly doesn't care about booing all he cares about is money. 

4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

The only way to get rid of Ashley is to make it unprofitable for him to keep Newcastle. He clearly doesn't care about booing all he cares about is money. 

The sole purpose of his ownership is to advertise Sports Direct rather than to make direct earnings. They've had tens of millions of free advertising. SportsDirect will be his achilles heal imo. Fans relentless social media campaign against them and blockades on northumberland street has already assisted in the latest share fall wiping hundreds of millions of Mike Ashley's wealth according to City reports. He's already lost his chief exec due to pressure from other shareholders.

I don't think it's just a coincidence that he has suddenly started turning up to every game right after the attacks on sportsdirect happened and the share price collapsed. He hadn't been to a game in 12-18 months until that point. 

The more we can organise to make a nuisance of ourselves to sportsdirect the more their shareholders will get irritated with Ashley's involvement in our club.

It's all about collaborating, leadership, agreement though. That doesn't exist.

Archived