talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(FM19) Hamburger SV

football forum

• Subscriber

xD I've tried in one of these kinds of leagues before. I've considered Ireland because you can buy the odd good player there and I do think whenever that's the case there's always the foundation to produce a pretty good side. I tried it in Hungary using Honved. I did well with them but kind of just accepted it would probably take 30+ seasons to make Hungary a good league again.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always shyed away from the thought of managing in Ireland as the league is through the summer and if you ever qualified for Europe, it would just be more of an uphill battle than it already would be. 

Always weirdly fancied giving the Welsh League a go. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Well this has turned to shit. 

Expected to win the league but on 18% confidence as I'm 5th. Normally I would agree with the game but I'm 5th because I've played two games less than everyone else (as I'm still in all the cups) and 4 points from 1st meaning if I win those two games in hand, I'm top as expected :dam:

This happened to me once. Expected to win the league but I was 5th of 16 teams but the top five was covered by 2 points yet the board did the call me in and demand I get 10 points from 5 games thing. 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Well this has turned to shit. 

Expected to win the league but on 18% confidence as I'm 5th. Normally I would agree with the game but I'm 5th because I've played two games less than everyone else (as I'm still in all the cups) and 4 points from 1st meaning if I win those two games in hand, I'm top as expected :dam:

gutted. hope you lose. 

• Subscriber

I've considered doing Ireland before. Always thought there's potential in any league where the players produced aren't bad, and the Irish league system does produce a lot of players that are far too good for it in its current state.

• Subscriber

I'm not really sure what it is that's taken me to France so many times. Think there's just a quite decent balance between good youth set ups, beatable sides and attainable European competition.

Marseille is a good save. They've got a better backing than you realise. I always worry about having to face them.

• Administrator
16 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Not played FM in ageeees (well, June exactly) so booted it up again yesterday. Might make some notes with how I go along in this thread as it's turning into something of a vault for me - shame that my best diary, Internazionale was on the old forum. 

Anyway, started in Ligue 1 as I've never been there before and @Dan loves it and began with Marseille as I think they're a bit of a sleeping giant. I don't expect to challenge PSG and Monaco out of the traps but hope to at least play some good football and win a few games. 

Season opener is at home to PSG :dam:. What can go wrong :drunk:.

You have my attention 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

image.thumb.png.bca2fb3e30700631089a12ea94aeddf8.png

What's going on? Never had a start to the season as good as this, unbeaten in all my games since taking over which is incredible. No clean sheet in five is frustrating but we just keep finding the back of the net, sticking four past Guingamp and three past Saint-Etienne. Really happy with how things are going and the way in which the team are playing. 

Proud @Batard? xo. 

I'm in the boat of unintentionally mastering this game when it's too late. Content to do another season but don't give a fuck at the same time. 

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Cannabis said:

image.thumb.png.bca2fb3e30700631089a12ea94aeddf8.png

What's going on? Never had a start to the season as good as this, unbeaten in all my games since taking over which is incredible. No clean sheet in five is frustrating but we just keep finding the back of the net, sticking four past Guingamp and three past Saint-Etienne. Really happy with how things are going and the way in which the team are playing. 

Proud @Batard? xo. 

You can have the actual job!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

I'm aware that I'm being a massive retard here but why are Boca Juniors not in the Copa Libratadores in FM18 @Blue?

They didn't qualify for the 2017 edition. I think that was the year Arruabarrena got sacked and replaced with Schelotto, if I remember correctly.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Flew through September last night, will post a screenshot this evening with my results. I keep conceding late goals which is a real pain though, especially as we've dropped points when Koln have done the same. 

Started off October with a 1-0 win, basically shut up shop when we went ahead as I think I was probably playing too open and attacking when the opposition are going gung-ho.

Few players not happy either, I've got a top performing XI so the Reserves aren't seeing any action, Aaron Hunt has booted off first and it's all escalated from there. 

Are the 'shouts' the same i.e. Concentrate, Encourage, Demand More etc etc?

Have the team-talks pre-/during/post- match changed as well?

Yeah I know Viatri. That image of him getting injured with fireworks is horrific.

He's an OK player. Played for Boca when they were fighting relegation though.

• Subscriber
On 14/11/2018 at 18:42, The Palace Fan said:

Whilst that's a great achievement I don't see how your loan army is going to produce a long term sustainable model. Surely the English clubs will start demanding loan fees now?

I don't think it really matters in all honesty. A group stage spot in the Champions League after hardly paying out anything relatively in wages initially is incredible - Leicester-esque almost in terms of finance, just don't go and fritter it all away like we did!

4th in your first year up is an outstanding effort. I will do well to better that as a one-off season.

I think even if you drop to say, 7th this year, you can at least use this season to snap up a few players you never thought you'd get your hands on. If you buy players who's value will grow, literally everything gets easier. No simpler way of progressing.

Archived