talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(FM19) Hamburger SV

football forum

football forum

170px-FC_Porto.svg.png

Futebol Clube do Porto, commonly known as FC Porto or simply Porto, is a Portuguese sports club based in Porto. It is best known for the professional football team playing in the Primeira Liga the top flight of Portuguese football.

Founded on 28 September 1893, Porto is one of the "Big Three" (Portuguese: Os Três Grandes) teams in Portugal – together with Benfica and Sporting CP. They are nicknamed Dragões (Dragons), for the mythical creature atop the club's crest, and Azuis e brancos (Blue-and-whites), for the shirt colours. The club supporters are called Portistas.

My first Football Manager thread begins in Portugal, a country which I have personal ties to and with a club that I've come to know a lot about over the past couple of years. As the introduction above suggests they are part of the ''Big Three'' in the country that have dominated since time began however in recent years have been left behind due to a bit of a circus upstairs. They haven't won the title for three years (and are set to make this four this season) and have twice finished behind Sporting CP in the past three years to further add insult to injury. 

My job will first and foremost be to get the club back to the summit of Portuguese football where they belong. Despite lagging behind Benfica and Sporting my target is to do this within the first season before pressing on to the next stage of our project, as everyone knows in 2005 FC Porto reached the summit of European football with Jose Mourinho and I want to do this myself. Despite having relative success with Football Manager I'm yet to win a European honour and I'm hoping that I can put this unwanted record to bed with the Dragoes.

#VivaPorto 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

YEAH CHEERS FOR THAT AARON.

Rest assured you can get into this diary too lads, I'm loving life at Elland Road and have got the FM bug back. Porto was going well but was just way too easy to be entertaining, it got to the point where I was starting games without really setting up the team and still winning 4-0.

I suspected that would be the case. Happened for me when I was them. They're a very fun side to use for a little while but you slowly start to realise it's a bit of a formality. I got to the point where I got annoyed with only winning 3-0.

Leeds is a good challenge and a game I've considered before. They've gone up on mine as well. They've got a pretty good squad for the Championship.

Dan will come in this thread bowing at your feet for embarrassing Forest ;)

Good start to the season though. I feel like you'll be in a playoff spot throughout the season.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Dan will come in this thread bowing at your feet for embarrassing Forest ;)

Good start to the season though. I feel like you'll be in a playoff spot throughout the season.

I won't because I've done it 3 times on the bounce xD it's my favourite fixture.

It's probably my only hope of winning away this season.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Yeah, it just didn't seem fun winning with them as I'm convinced anyone could do it. Walking into games and winning 5-0 without any form of interaction just felt like a pointless exercise. The only challenges were the Champions League games and they were too few and far between to make the save worthwhile.

Thanks mate, I enjoy the awaking the sleeping giants I must admit. I did a save with Nottingham Forest on Football Manager 2016 which proved to be quite fun.

Dan will bow at my feet because I beat Nottingham Forest and mugged off his Barnsley team at the first attempt :ph34r:. Thanks for the praise, I do hope that the playoffs will be a realistic target for us. 

The play-offs is definitely realistic. Leeds have a good squad at that level and even as a PL side I'd probably take Jansson as a starter and Wood, Antonsson, Taylor and Bridcutt in my 18.

6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Last year I joined Tianjan Quanjian and used the editor to make them billionaires so that I could compete with the rest of China. I haven't got the Editor downloaded for this edition though so haven't used it. 

I wouldn't actually class that as ''cheating'' though. You're just bending things to suit yourself and make the game more enjoyable. The only way that you can ''cheat'' on FM in my eyes is to reload your saves if a result doesn't go your way but that for me would just ooze out any enjoyment and satisfaction from my work.

xD

He was gash I'll admit, can't wait for the return fixture. 

Yeah don't get me wrong I don't add billions of pounds in the game but an extra 5/10m to the transfer or wage budget makes the world of difference when you play as a lower league side and are able to bring in an extra couple of higher quality players. Speaking of reloading saves though I used to do that all the time on LMA manager on the PS2 years ago because the game was so unrealistic it was virtually impossible to win trophys without doing that xD

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Just so everyone knows this thread is still active, I've just been super busy lately. I finished October last night so will be looking to update you all either later this evening or tomorrow :). #WeLoveLeedsScum 

Commiserations to Cannabis for regressing from a man to a boy.

Been a bit slow with updates. Doing what many couldn't with Leeds. Fair play. Put that on your CV and Cellino will appoint you in no time :ph34r:

Hopefully you get promoted!

Archived