talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(FM19) Hamburger SV

football forum

Gone a tad inconsistent but still sitting in the play-offs.

I think it's going to be an exciting race for the top six so looking forward to seeing how you further progress :congrats:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, don't ask Dan, speak to the Gentleman whose got Teddy Bishop being the most creative English midfielder since Paul Gascoigne.

Secondly, i've only ever got a tune out of Tammy Abraham. Not Tom Bradshaw, or Tom Lawerence, so maybe ask Dan.

Unless you can loan Chuba Akpom, as a wide player or a defensive forward he's guaranteed goals with a target man.

• Subscriber
On 5/27/2017 at 2:18 AM, Cannabis said:

The inconsistency is worrying me a bit as everyone is so close. We're a stones throw away from top spot but in the same breath could be dragged back down into mid-table. I think it's going to be one of those seasons where about eight or nine teams can realistically challenge for the automatic places, I've just got to hope that we stay in the mix to be in with a shout at the end of the season.

2e673cc827451444a51359085fa8c350.png

Isreal Puerto and Modou Barrow have just been crocked in the QPR game which gives me this injury table going through December. Stuart Dallas should be back to fitness for this crammed month but the rest will probably miss out, Antonsson is a massive blow and he was banging them in and I'm still unsure how to utilise Chris Wood. I just can't get him to take control of games, he's popped up with a few goals but I think that's more of him being in the right place at the right time than being managed well. What would you suggest @Dan?

Only just seen this, sorry.

For me he's a poacher and I always said it when he played for us in real life, and when I used him for us on FM. His all-round game is shoddy, but the bloke knows where the net is. Think of him as a poor-man's Lukaku.

To be honest though I'm not much use with strikers like him. I need quick forwards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

That is an absolutely excellent effort. 2nd with Leeds in your first year, terrific stuff, and you've truly earned it too considering you've racked up enough points to win the league nearly any other year, and won away at the title favourites, and crucially 3rd placed finishing Newcastle.

Leeds have become quite a solid Premier League outfit on my game now so I think you can definitely take them further. There is nothing I like more on this game than building your team following promotion.

EDIT: Jesus. If you'd drawn at QPR you'd have come 3rd on goal difference by one.

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:15 PM, Cannabis said:

The Run In... (Part Two):

cd754ccf91662c52be4081024cdf2169.png 70d3ce30d14a13cb853a8b0ac8995513.png

We've done it! A nervous 2-2 draw against Ipswich Town sent it to the final day but we sealed our place in the top flight with a fantastic 4-2 victory over Queens Park Rangers. We were 7th favourites to go up at 50/1 and expected by the board to finish 12th so you can imagine how happy I am with this outcome. Newcastle United pushed us all the way winning their last two games but thankfully we did enough to keep them behind us. 

Norwich City won the league with 100 points with Cardiff City, Preston North End and Wigan Athletic relegated to League One. 

7673a25c96ce3af96c2c61b49a39d866.png

Newcastle United, Derby County, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Huddersfield Town make up the play-offs and you'd have to fancy the Toon given their points haul when compared to the rest. When you look at the final points total it really does hit home how massive that Pontus Jansson goal against them was at it enabled us to win 1-0 and finish two points clear, had we drawn that (or lost as it looked like we would) then I would be sat here getting ready for the play-offs. 

It's been a fantastic season and one that I want to build on, the ambition next season is to remain in the top flight and put Leeds United back where they deserve to be. There's quite a few players out of contract in the summer and a few loan deals expiring so I'm expecting a new look side in August and it's essential that I get in the right players to give us the best chance of survival. 

As always, thanks for reading. I hope you've enjoyed this diary so far and continue to read/comment next season. The amount of time that I can put into Football Manager is a lot less than it used to be but hopefully my reports keep you lot entertained - I'll see you all in the Premier League - #WeAreLeeds!

5d0730c761cd6d15a705ca9d046dff45.png

c319aed040b9a4c880632dfcf98ba90a.png

8a97c5898e31806ac8e69dfd24371faf.png

e9ade6587668abcd8900461e6686f96b.png

6199efa017a334dae1ec3ba8bc1eecd7.png

PS: This one's for you @Lucas :ph34r:. 

Thanks Chaaay, appreciate it mate :)!

That's the closest I've felt to crying tears of joy in a while. Epic.

• Subscriber

I got £20mil when I went up with Barnsley and I made the mistake of thinking that was a good budget. It isn't. You've got to really be clever with who you get in in this window.

I'd have a look in Spain for the teams who went down. You're obliged to have a release clause in Spain and you can occasionally pick up a really steady player on the cheap.

I think in a way you might have gone up too early. I'd try and lower any expectations and attempt to create a side that's dangerous on the break, eventually moulding it into something better as you get more and more established.

This was my transfer business in my first year up with Barnsley...

595c3317ee6bb_BarnsleyTransfers.thumb.PNG.9e0fda8d9fcdc19b338259acb1392603.PNG

The transfer list is where I always start with a window. Literally most of my key signings come from there. Although the AI isn't anywhere near as stupid as it used to be, I always find one or two gems in there.

Another new technique I've used is searching for players with a year left on their contracts. Makes them cheaper to attain and you can usually get players around their value.

• Subscriber

I think another one is sign the odd youngster too. If you sign players who you are sure will grow in value you can't go wrong. Even if you go down you'll be better set to go up and stay up.

Barnsley are about to bounce back up on my save and their team is nearly entirely younger players who I signed. It generally works.

• 2 months later...
football forum

tsg-1899-hoffenheim-logo-tattoo412.png

EIN TEAM. EIN WEG. EINMALIG.

As @Dan worked out rather quickly my first save on Football Manager 2018 will be with 1899 TSG Hoffenheim, a club that is now a familiar face of the Bundesliga and a team that has genuine potential to compete on both the domestic and continental fronts in the near future. After finishing 4th last season, Hoffenheim have the chance of competing in the Champions League as they enter in the Best Placed play-off round, meaning that only a home and away tie stands between them and the European stage.  

NAGELSMANN QUITS DER HOFF!

Julian-Nagelsmann-870186.jpg

Following the surprise resignation of Joachim Löw, Julian Nagelsmann has today been announced as the new manager of the German National Team. With less than a year to go until the 2018 World Cup will Julian be able to work the wonders that he performed at Hoffenheim or will this prove to be a bridge too far? The 30 year old broke the record books when he became the youngest ever Bundesliga manager aged 28 and now he becomes the youngest manager the national side has even seen when he takes charge of the friendly match between Germany and Spain in a weeks time.

Another question on everyone's lips is at domestic level. With Hoffenheim now without a manager and with a massive season approaching who will be the man to fill these young, yet large shoes? Stay tuned to Kicker for the latest news on this ground-breaking announcement.

football forum

Squad: TBA

Formation/Tactics:

dc87abea22de18039242039423110d66.png

This is the formation that I've started pre-season with, a quite basic 4-1-2-3DM Wide which covers most of the pitch, the only area that has been flagged up as being at risk is the AMC position which I can cover with Kerem or the two wingers cutting inside, Uth up top can also drop deep if need be to plug the holes. 

I've had one pre-season game which was purely to get used to the buttons against Bosnian champions Zrinjski and won 1-0 thanks to a first half strike from Andrej Kramaric, our real pre-season starts next week though as we fly into England to take on Leeds United at Elland Road.

Key Hierarchy: 

be959577eb0ecf236201cdae1a17a734.png

It's little surprise that Polanksi, our captain is the top of the chain when it comes to hierarchy, he's quite a good person to have in this position too considering that he plays in the middle as a ball-winning midfielder. I'm hoping that his tenacity and determination rubs off on the other players around him.

Both Oliver Baumann (goalkeeper) and Kevin Vogt (centre-back) are also highly influential to the squad so I'll be looking to keep them in the Starting XI wherever possible. 

Good luck with Hoffenheim. Their prominent rise to the Bundesliga after some financial backing was a great story all them years back (and the rise of Demba Ba), and how they've maintained since given their absolutely minuscule population. 

Also nice tactical piece, big fan of seeing how people play the game from that side and how their respective teams line up. Out of curiosity, that dark red square next to Kramaric, what does that say when you hover over it?

Archived