talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(FM19) Hamburger SV

football forum

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Dan said:

We need Balon on Football Manager. While he'll try and claim he's too old for it it's undoubtedly the tool he needs to express what he's all about.

fucking hell imagine the essay 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the format. It's what I used to use before I began to suck at the game. Monthly is good, good start from Aduriz too. 

You've got to let us know how the youth intakes go!

• 2 weeks later...
football forum

OCTOBER

0729a9c9bc04b3dda0baf9f576ec9af5.png

The month of October began in the same way that September finished as we stuck four goals past Alaves; Susaeta, Sola and Muniain combining with an own goal to get us the points. We would then lose on the road at the Estadio Ceramica to Villareal before bouncing back against whipping boys Zlin. A 4-2 win against Real Betis and a 1-0 win against Levante saw out the month in regards to La Liga but we do face a tricky second leg in the Copa del Rey against Marbella as we worryingly got held 1-1 in the first fixture. 

d06b5da7b2980facbf25ac3232474153.png

We remain 4th as things stand with Villareal losing top spot and dropping like a stone to 5th. The usual suspects of Atletico, Madrid and Barcelona make up the top three with Simeone's boys making the Wanda Metropolitano a fortress in their first season in top spot. In the Europa League, our convincing win over Zlin keeps us at the top, three clear of Braga in 2nd and looking comfortable for the next round. 

fc4b745397c181b46df4a26989840296.png

On 24/01/2018 at 19:24, The Palace Fan said:

Suddenly that release cause for Laporte looks a little cheap.

Yeah, it's something that really needs to be looked at as I can see the usual suspects of City and Chelsea making their move as early as January. I'd ideally like to put him on a bumper contract with a silly release clause but I understand that to do that I'm also going to have to break the bank. 

I think the aim here is clear. Aim for a top 4 spot and try to win the Europa League. Both are possible and I hope you pull off at least one.

football forum

Marca-340x102.png

Aymeric-Laporte-.jpg

Athletic Bilbao star Aymeric Laporte has silenced the rumours surrounding his future by putting pen to paper on a new deal worth a whopping £175,000 a week. We recently caught up with the young Frenchman to find out what it's like to be Bilbao's highest paid player and what the future holds for this special talent. 

MARCA: Good Evening Aymeric! How does it feel to have signed a new deal with Athletic?

LAPORTE: Evening! It feels fantastic. For the team to show so much belief in me is great you know? I want to be the best, learn from the best and win the biggest titles and I believe that in time I can do that with Bilbao. 

MARCA: Your release clause has been bumped up from £58,000,000 to a gigantic £169,000,000. Does this not price you out of any potential move?

LAPORTE: Maybe. Whatever happens in the future I don't know. For now I am signed with Bilbao. That is all I have to say. If someone wants to pay my fee they do it. For now, I play for Bilbao and think only for Bilbao. 

MARCA: There were rumours about you potentially moving to England with Manchester City, would you ever consider moving to such a club?

LAPORTE: Never. I went to Manchester and it was, well, shit? It rained, it was cold and everyone wore these stupid coats. It's not a club that would ever interest me. 

MARCA: Well, thanks for the honesty Aymeric! Just one final question before we wrap things up. How are things between you and the manager, what is it like to work for Mr. White?

LAPORTE: You're breaking up... Ola? ... Ola?

football forum
17 minutes ago, Blue said:

I think the aim here is clear. Aim for a top 4 spot and try to win the Europa League. Both are possible and I hope you pull off at least one.

I'm aiming high. When I started this save I was aware that it would be a long term investment but I'm happy to try and push for things now. A Champions League finish and/or a Europa League win would be fantastic for my first season but I won't be too disheartened if we don't make it. My main ambition is to invest in the youth set-up and grow this club so that it's at the pinnacle of Spanish football.

The Europa League is a funny one because there's a mixture of utter dross and decent teams. My group for example is an absolute shambles but you can bet some decent teams drop in for the knockout stage and it's all about getting the right draw.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

I'm more impressed by Athletico Madrid in all honesty. Give it two years you should have that infrastructure.

Yeah they're doing well and have settled into their new stadium nicely. It's only early doors of course but to be a full three points ahead of Real Madrid in 2nd is quite the achievement. They've got Diego Costa to come in January too.

On 02/02/2018 at 22:34, The Palace Fan said:

Even though Laporte has signed a new contract i would still be after Martinez. 

I'd be in for Illarramendi, Odriozola and Oyarzabal as well. The latter could solve the goals problem in the future and Odriozola would be your first choice right back for a decade.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Villareal have hired Brendan Rodgers as manager xD.

one of the things I love about FM in general is some of the managerial appointments you'd never think would happen. 

Some of mine in August 2033...

Luka Modric - Espanyol
Clint Dempsey - Valencia
Kasper Schmeichel - Real Madrid
Diego Simeone STILL at Atletico Madrid
Axel Tuanzebe - Forest Green
Shinji Okazaki - Wigan
Dani Carvajal - Gillingham

On 2/15/2018 at 16:05, Stan said:

one of the things I love about FM in general is some of the managerial appointments you'd never think would happen. 

Some of mine in August 2033...

Luka Modric - Espanyol
Clint Dempsey - Valencia
Kasper Schmeichel - Real Madrid
Diego Simeone STILL at Atletico Madrid
Axel Tuanzebe - Forest Green
Shinji Okazaki - Wigan
Dani Carvajal - Gillingham

Tuanzebe! AIK Stockholm legend :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 15 January 2018 at 18:30, Dan said:

We need Balon on Football Manager. While he'll try and claim he's too old for it it's undoubtedly the tool he needs to express what he's all about.

I came on here to laugh at the thread title and then saw this! xD

Archived