talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2018/19 - 23-24th October, 2018

football forum

• Administrator

Championship table looking very tight, as ever.

Middlesbrough have only scored 16 goals from 14 games yet are still top. That could change if West Brom beat Derby though. Leeds could also go back to the top if they win tonight and West Brom lose.

From Derby (6th) down to Stoke (17th), there's only 4 points separating the 12 teams. Within that, four teams are on 20 points (Swansea, Birmingham, Wigan & QPR). Villa are in 16th and hypothetically they could jump from there to 6th if they were to win their next game and no other team played.

I had no idea Brentford were as low as 15th but just goes to show that a slight dip in form can have big consequences in terms of table position. Alternatively, a slight upturn in form and you're looking at consolidating a play-off position.

As for Ipswich and Hull, well they just seem fucked xD 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So when Preston scored their first 3 against us, their XG was apparently 0.27.

Fuck my life that's unfortunate.

Frustrating to see but at least we scored three, and Canos finally scored too.

Only 6 points off the play offs, long season, we'll be fine.

Incoherent.

Abject.

Embarrassing.

Only three words from an entire thesaurus of negative adjectives to describe tonight's clusterfuck of misery. Maybe the players haven't been paid again, maybe they were out on the piss 'til 10am this morning, I don't know - but that was a fucking omnishambles from start to finish. 

Disgrace. Players, coaches, manager, hang your heads in shame - that was up there with one of the worst performances (if you can call it that) I've seen in 18 years watching this football club. 

How Yanic Wildschut once cost £7m is beyond me. I wouldn't want him starting at fucking Radcliffe Borough, let alone a supposed Championship club. 

Play like that against Hull on the weekend and Parkinson should walk. And I've been a fan of everything he's done, but this is pathetic. No plan B, no tactical nous, no direction. Working with zero funds cannot excuse leaving your most creative player (Oztumer) and sole goal threat (Doidge) on the fucking bench against a very average Forest side. We play these weak sides like we're playing Juventus. Have a fucking go, please, just once, start a game without being petrified. We'll pay money to see the side have a go and lose - we won't hang around to watch a group of professional footballers concede possession to the opposition like a local pub team's reserve side. 

Wankers.

Comfortable win. Just what we needed really after a difficult period with injuries really. Controlled from start to finish, rarely troubled, the score could have been anything really. Perhaps finishing is the only area where you could be quite critical of, but that wouldn't be fair on Bialkowski who had a solid game.

Pablo Hernandez back in the starting eleven and running the show at 33. Magician. How we have missed him. Assisted both goals tonight, he just knows what ball to play at the right time and has that bit of quality you need in this league to make the difference.

All in all, back on top and a good confidence boost ahead of a tough game home to Forest Saturday.

Ipswich are in dire straights. I'd be seriously worried as a fan of theirs. There was nothing from them, no fight, no threat. They gave us far too much respect to play in front of them. Unless something drastic happens, there is only one way they are heading. I wonder how many fans would want McCarthy back now...

Not really surprised by West Brom’s heavy defeat last night. 

They’ve now had 71 shots on target against them this season and conceded in all but two league games this season so it seemed as though whenever they faced a side that was clinical on the day, they could be on the end of a rather big defeat. 

11 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

Play like that against Hull on the weekend and Parkinson should walk. And I've been a fan of everything he's done, but this is pathetic. No plan B, no tactical nous, no direction. Working with zero funds cannot excuse leaving your most creative player (Oztumer) and sole goal threat (Doidge) on the fucking bench against a very average Forest side. We play these weak sides like we're playing Juventus. Have a fucking go, please, just once, start a game without being petrified. We'll pay money to see the side have a go and lose - we won't hang around to watch a group of professional footballers concede possession to the opposition like a local pub team's reserve side. 

As long as you cobble together the minimum eleven able bodied men, hmm maybe you could have one handicapped player, for the game on Saturday, you will win.

Another devastating loss last night, we don't just lose we manage to throw points away in the most morale destroying way possible. Whole club is a shell at the moment.

12 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

As long as you cobble together the minimum eleven able bodied men, hmm maybe you could have one handicapped player, for the game on Saturday, you will win.

Another devastating loss last night, we don't just lose we manage to throw points away in the most morale destroying way possible. Whole club is a shell at the moment.

It's going to be one for the purists on Saturday. Sounds like it could be a truly depressing war of attrition.

Archived