• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 10 Fixtures - 26th-28th October 2018

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the mosaic (they call this a tifo in Spain) FC Barcelona will put on show when the players come out for El Clásico on Sunday.

Clasico-Tifo.jpg

"WE COLOR FOOTBALL"

Interesting they'll be using the American English for the word Colour.

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Real Valladolid v RCD Espanyol (20:00 bst)

Espanyol could go to sleep tonight leading La Liga if they get a victory at the Nuevo Zorilla in Valladolid.

The Barcelona derby this season could be very interesting indeed.

Espanyol have a very good side in truth. They have been slowly building for a few years and it's finally paying off for them. They haven't won yet tonight but are currently 0-1 up with 67 mins on the clock.

That looked a spectacular free kick but looking at the replay Diego Lopez made a mistake in stepping towards the corner and letting the ball go right down the middle. Espanyol won't be happy to have dropped two points there, they had chances to extend their lead and didn't take them, then at the end they dropped deep and invited Valladolid to attack them for 20 minutes.

45 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

That was 10 seasons ago now. Madness.

But what a class performance. Messi and Xavi were sublime that day, but it was also one of Henry's best performances in a Barcelona shirt.

I was at that game in the Santiago Bernabéu.  One of the football highlights of my life.

16 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

That was 10 seasons ago now. Madness.

But what a class performance. Messi and Xavi were sublime that day, but it was also one of Henry's best performances in a Barcelona shirt.

I missed that game. But the 5.0 was possibly the best football performance I've ever seen. Madrid could have had 13 men and still lost. Barcelona were incredible

5 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I missed that game. But the 5.0 was possibly the best football performance I've ever seen. Madrid could have had 13 men and still lost. Barcelona were incredible

Both were great, but what made the 5-0 stand out most is that it's when Mourinho was there and they had big money signings such as C.Ronaldo, it was a better Madrid side than the one that got hammered at the Bernabeu 2 seasons previous.

59 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Both were great, but what made the 5-0 stand out most is that it's when Mourinho was there and they had big money signings such as C.Ronaldo, it was a better Madrid side than the one that got hammered at the Bernabeu 2 seasons previous.

Also, the 5-0 apart from it being Mourinho's biggest hammering, it is talked about a lot because of HOW Barça played that evening.  It was literally PlayStation stuff, even more so.  The ball looked like it was on a string.

I'm convinced Casemiro is not a top-class midfielder. Has no business being in a great team, but because he's at Madrid, 90% of the time he's able to dive and kill the game rather than actually defend.

The odd thunderbastard is also the perfect addition to cover up his lack of quality.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Real Madrid have been appalling in recent Clasicos. So far in Barcelona's shadow.

Anyone who actually remembers watching football in this era will spend years struggling to explain to the Wikipedia fans that Barcelona were markedly, consistently better than Real Madrid through the finest period in Madrid's history.

• Subscriber

I just hope this totally shatters any confidence those Madrid players have and sees them spiral so far down that they can't pick themselves back up again till the new season starts. If I don't see them in the UCL post the start of the knockout stages I'll be very happy. 

The thing is that it should’ve been more than 10 goals. The amount of essy final balls to make a clear scoring chance was ridiculous and had me shouting. Had Messi been there today it would’ve been the biggest defeat for Real that could’ve ever happened and that isn’t even an exaggeration. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived