talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 10 Fixtures - 26th-28th October 2018

football forum

Suarez was immense today, as was Alba, who has been incredible for a while and as good as an attacking full back as you'll get. I'm surprised he doesn't have a lot more assists than he does.

As Balon said, this could have been a cricket score today and would have been had Messi been fit.

The team have done brilliantly well during this tough run of fixtures, beating the likes of Real, Spurs and Inter and doing it convincingly, even without Leo. Dembele should be playing more though.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lopetegui will surely be sacked now. Florentino would’ve done it a few games back but Lopetegui had powerful validators in the board room that the president trusts.

In truth this has very little to do with Lopetegui and even the players have said so on numerous occasions but that’s the way the cookie crumbles at this level. 

AS reporting that Julen Lopetegui will be sacked anytime from this evening to tomorrow morning and that Antonio Conte will be taking over.

What’s not clear is when Conte will take the hot seat at Real Madrid and whether RM Castilla head coach Santiago Solari will sit in until the end of the season. 

I don't know much about the Madrid manager. But I looked it up and he has won 2 youth tournaments with Spain but not won anything at senior level even at Porto who normally win something in Portugal. Seems like a bit of an odd choice even though he was Spain manager. I suppose zidane hadn't even coached before but he was a club legend and clearly they thought he could do a good job. 

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

All the fixtures coming up now before Messi returns are winnable(the away fixture against Inter being a difficult one though) and then he will be back in time for Atletico away, who will likely be the strongest challenger this season.

Most fixtures are winnable for barca even without messi

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Lovely to see Courtwat get spanked. Real appointing Conte will be the icing on the cake. 

Apparently Ramos has said Conte won't automatically get respect. I'd love to see him come in and bench Ramos

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

AS reporting that Julen Lopetegui will be sacked anytime from this evening to tomorrow morning and that Antonio Conte will be taking over.

What’s not clear is when Conte will take the hot seat at Real Madrid and whether RM Castilla head coach Santiago Solari will sit in until the end of the season. 

Music to my ears 

38 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Music to my ears 

Do you mean you want conte to take over because you think he will do a good job or that you want him to take over because you think he will do a bad job?

@Cicero did say before the season started that he expected a totally disastrous season for Real. Considering how bad it was domestically last season, I thought that was difficult, but this is proper bad!

Maybe they’ll win the Champions League again though and make it look like they’re really the best. 

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Real not even the second best team in Madrid right now. :S

I imagine Madrid hardcore fans will say getafe is not in Madrid in the same way @Happy Blue says utd are not from Manchester

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I imagine Madrid hardcore fans will say getafe is not in Madrid in the same way @Happy Blue says utd are not from Manchester

The same as Spurs being in Middlesex. :ph34r:

Getafe arent in the capital and right just outside it but they are officially a club from the region of Madrid. 

10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Do you mean you want conte to take over because you think he will do a good job or that you want him to take over because you think he will do a bad job?

Hazard is yet to sign a contract extension with us amid the Real Madrid rumors. Conte becomes Real's next manager, no way does he leave for them. 

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Hazard is yet to sign a contract extension with us amid the Real Madrid rumors. Conte becomes Real's next manager, no way does he leave for them. 

This is all very interesting with all the calculations and permutations. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived