talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Prospects that dropped off the face of the earth

football forum

Josh McEachran had the first touch and passing ability to go to the top. Shame he is a lazy twig that is too timid to place any authority on a match. I had no idea he was at Brentford till I googled him. He made 17 appearances for Chelsea when he was 17 ffs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used to have a winger at Blackburn called Sergio Peter. Absolutely belting young player who could sprint like there was no tomorrow and had decent all round ability. Got the odd last 20 minutes appearance but never anything more. Apparently now in the seventh tier in Germany.

Francis Jeffers failed miserably. Surprisingly he earned a cap and scored a goal for the English national team. He played for Charlton around the 2000s and I thought he might have became highly sought-after following his goal. Obviously not. Ended up playing in Malta and his final club, Accrington Stanley, just dropped him because he didn't meet their standards.

Jose Baxter. Was praised continuously as a young player here and earned a start making him our youngest ever player. Went out on loan and then rejected a contract thinking he wouldn't get much playing time. Done well at Oldham then OK at Sheff Utd at times when he wasn't keeping hold of counterfeit money and caning the beak. 

In the middle of a 12 month ban and rejoining our u23 side again in the summer. Full circle. 

Not really 'off the face of the earth' but for someone so talked about early on it's been shite for him. 

Anyone remember Kerlon? He was touted as a star for the future after wining the golden boot and golden ball at the U17 World Cup and broke into the Cruzerio team at 17 years old. He sadly suffered a series of injuries when he joined Inter and has been plying his trade in the likes of Japan, the US and Malta in recent years.

Here's his famous seal dribble:

• Subscriber

Sebastian Deisler - One of the most talented German footballing prospects ive seen. Retired at 27 from a mix of bad knee injuries over the years and mental health struggles, never reached the heights he was seemingly destined for because of that. Ive been meaning to read his book for years. 

Freddy Adu. But I guess that's just a case of super overhype. 

There was also some Brazilian kid who had a video compilation on youtube with some insane skills. He was never heard of again. 

edit: That was him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Chera

That was the video back in the day lol 

Samed Yesil. The next German wonder striker who never played for Leverkusen. Went to Liverpool to never play and is now loaned out to the pits of hell somewhere.

Lewis Holtby. Shitcunt.

Mustafa Amini. Supposed to be Aussie Messi, just typical media overhype for someone who wouldn't make it in an indoor league

54 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Samed Yesil. The next German wonder striker who never played for Leverkusen. Went to Liverpool to never play and is now loaned out to the pits of hell somewhere.

Lewis Holtby. Shitcunt.

Mustafa Amini. Supposed to be Aussie Messi, just typical media overhype for someone who wouldn't make it in an indoor league

Concerning Amini; hiw many elite athletes have been Arabs?

6 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Injuries affected his development.

@topic

Anthony Le Tallec - Broke into news, just a tad before Ronaldo signed for United. I remember a lot of LFC fans stating how he was twice the player that Ronaldo was. Never made it.

Krisztian Nemeth - Sky and Telegraph even profiled him as the next best thing- someone who would score 20+ goals striker apart from being worth 25 mil (at that time, around 07/08). Again injuries ruined him.

Martin Kelly - This one hurts as a fan. I followed him when he played for reserves, as a CB. Looked brilliant as fuck. Even captained England's U-21 as a CB. I used to believe that he would be the future LFC captain.  Rafa used him as RB, did well, but injuries took a toll on his body. As a fan of his, I still hope he makes it at Crystal Palace.

Archived