talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Prospects that dropped off the face of the earth

football forum

9 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Halilovic is only 20, how can he be included here?

A similar thing happened to Bojan Krkić who looked like he was going to eat the world at the age of just 15.  Another from Barcelona that I swore at the time was the Israeli Gai Assulin who for me was the next Messi.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Halilovic is only 20, how can he be included here?

How can he not? It's my thread, he literally fits me criteria xD Expensive transfer to Barcelona, didn't break through sold/loaned to other teams and hasn't been heard of since.

• Administrator

For me, it has to be Dale Jennings. Remember him? Went to Bayern Munich and was placed in their second team with the hope of developing further after impressing at at Tranmere.

Jennings looked like a real talent. It didn't work out. Came back to England and that hasn't worked out either. He's been a free agent now since the summer. 

On 07/04/2017 at 10:59 PM, Cannabis said:

The damage was already done when he moved to Charlton, he came through the Everton Academy and jumped ship as soon as Arsenal showed interest, 22 games and only 4 goals later and he was sold to begin his sorry tour of the world.

He was the term Wenger first used "Fox In The Box" with. I also thought he was gonna be a big time player and he just faded away. Arsenal ruined his confidence. 

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator
On 4/8/2017 at 8:48 AM, Stan said:

John Bostock. He was hyped up majorly and never got anywhere.

He's at QPR now xD 

Re: Bostock, he's in France. He was one of Ligue 2 best players with Lens last year. Found his level. 

• 2 weeks later...

Juan Fernando Quintero. Was supposed to be as good as James. He's at Independiente Medellin now and is more focused on singing reggaeton than playing football. Them Colombians!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived