talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Worlds longest sea crossing

football forum

Costing $20bn (£15.3bn)!! a lot of dosh just to get from A to B and "Designed to withstand earthquakes and typhoons, it was built using 400,000 tonnes of steel, enough to build 60 Eiffel Towers.", I would still worry about it withstanding an earthquake, mother nature has a canny act of getting around anything.

World's longest sea crossing: Hong Kong-Zhuhai bridge opens

28 minutes ago

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-45937924

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Built to withstand typhoons eh? Pretty remarkable engineering feet to make a bridge like that. Hope it stands up without any horrific disaster.

If you look at the video around the 21/24 second mark you will see the camera shuddering as if it was experiencing the latter (typhoon or earthquake) or that was just a simulator effect?

44598620_10156806628272855_1287176646066

3 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

If you look at the video around the 21/24 second mark you will see the camera shuddering as if it was experiencing the latter (typhoon or earthquake) or that was just a simulator effect?

44598620_10156806628272855_1287176646066

I can't tell if it's real or not because the road looks so perfect and untouched it doesn't look real... but it's also a brand new bridge xD - so it should be perfect and untouched. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can't tell if it's real or not because the road looks so perfect and untouched it doesn't look real... but it's also a brand new bridge xD - so it should be perfect and untouched. 

I still would get the Heebee Jeebees going on it, I am scared to shite of heights  scared-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Haha 1