talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Worlds longest sea crossing

football forum

• Subscriber

Costing $20bn (£15.3bn)!! a lot of dosh just to get from A to B and "Designed to withstand earthquakes and typhoons, it was built using 400,000 tonnes of steel, enough to build 60 Eiffel Towers.", I would still worry about it withstanding an earthquake, mother nature has a canny act of getting around anything.

World's longest sea crossing: Hong Kong-Zhuhai bridge opens

28 minutes ago

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-45937924

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Built to withstand typhoons eh? Pretty remarkable engineering feet to make a bridge like that. Hope it stands up without any horrific disaster.

If you look at the video around the 21/24 second mark you will see the camera shuddering as if it was experiencing the latter (typhoon or earthquake) or that was just a simulator effect?

44598620_10156806628272855_1287176646066

3 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

If you look at the video around the 21/24 second mark you will see the camera shuddering as if it was experiencing the latter (typhoon or earthquake) or that was just a simulator effect?

44598620_10156806628272855_1287176646066

I can't tell if it's real or not because the road looks so perfect and untouched it doesn't look real... but it's also a brand new bridge xD - so it should be perfect and untouched. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can't tell if it's real or not because the road looks so perfect and untouched it doesn't look real... but it's also a brand new bridge xD - so it should be perfect and untouched. 

I still would get the Heebee Jeebees going on it, I am scared to shite of heights  scared-smiley-emoticon.gif

Archived