West Ham 1-1 Leicester
West Ham 2-3 Leicester
Leicester 1-0 West Ham
Leicester 2-2 West Ham

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

If there's not goals and a red card in this, it's a failure. Can tell why it's been chosen for TV as there's usually decent levels of entertainment when this game (or the reverse) is played.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

If there's not goals and a red card in this, it's a failure. Can tell why it's been chosen for TV as there's usually decent levels of entertainment when this game (or the reverse) is played.

I'm pretty sure we'll oblige.

• Subscriber

Vardy dropped for tomorrow. Absolutely fucking insane move from Puel. Think I'll be waging good money on him the next manager to get the sack. It's not like we have even close to a good alternative.

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Dan said:

Vardy dropped for tomorrow. Absolutely fucking insane move from Puel. Think I'll be waging good money on him the next manager to get the sack. It's not like we have even close to a good alternative.

Is he actually though? That Percy article doesn't actually say he will, just suspects that he might be. 

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, Stan said:

Is he actually though? That Percy article doesn't actually say he will, just suspects that he might be. 

Percy's usually on the money and even if he starts him it implies that there has been some kind of bust-up or falling out.

I'm fed up of this bollocks now. This club's ability to all pull in the same direction was unrivalled three years ago and nowadays we couldn't be any less like that if we tried.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dan said:

Percy's usually on the money and even if he starts him it implies that there has been some kind of bust-up or falling out.

I'm fed up of this bollocks now. This club's ability to all pull in the same direction was unrivalled three years ago and nowadays we couldn't be any less like that if we tried.

I suppose.

Not like journalists to blow things out of proportion, however. I know Percy is usually right with these things but begs the question of who's leaking stuff to him. 

Hopefully there isn't any kind of bust-ups/fall-out, Vardy starts tomorrow and has a good game. Wishful thinking xD 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I suppose.

Not like journalists to blow things out of proportion, however. I know Percy is usually right with these things but begs the question of who's leaking stuff to him. 

Hopefully there isn't any kind of bust-ups/fall-out, Vardy starts tomorrow and has a good game. Wishful thinking xD 

That's what we hope for but you can just sense another collapse of some form is brewing.

I don't think Puel sees Christmas.

There's something really rotten about this club nowadays. I think we've had an ordinary start, not that good but not that bad either, no risk of relegation unless we implode (which I concede is possible with us) but you always feel there's something not quite right at the club and it's felt that way for a while.

• Administrator

I wouldn't go as far as rotten as if I'm thinking of that word, it relates to mid 00s. 

But something doesn't feel right. It's like we know where we want to be and what we're aiming for, but how we get there isn't all that easy to figure out.

• Subscriber

Mid 00s was different as for all it was awful, it was kind of understandable. We'd just built a new stadium and ended up victim to the NTL crash - a huge double whammy financially meaning we were basically skint until Mandaric came in. It was absolute rubbish football, we signed some awful players and managers but we were quite unlucky as well really to be in that position.

I just get the impression there's quite a toxic culture about the club. The constant leaking of inside workings to the media - is there a single club that this happens at so frequently? The constant talk of bust-ups and fall-outs. The bizarre handling of new signings  - this Soyuncu business is laughable, not one other club in this league would pay that significant an amount of relative money for a defender to then not give them a kick, again based on ITK information it sounds like Puel doesn't fancy him so he's just stuck there. You get the impression Morgan cannot be dropped no matter what he does. There are some weird goings on at this club and you cannot help but feel that after 2015/16, with the financial benefit we got from that, that we could've seriously cemented that 7th spot or maybe even more last season with a bit more nous. We just seem to lurch from one bust up or implosion to another, followed by a burst of form, followed by the latter.

The single most frustrating thing for me is that I feel like for all the good we do (and we have, it isn't all bad by any stretch) we create so many self-inflicted problems that will stop us from ever becoming more. Our fans need to button it about coming close to the top six until this crap stops.

Tomorrow is still a very winnable game, in-fact we should win, we're playing a side who've lost 6 out of 9 games and have a number of players injured for it. We have no excuses. But I still think even if we do it'll paper over the cracks, and while I don't think Puel will prove to be the answer, I can't help but feel that there's a culture issue at this club and that was here before Puel, and sadly I'd imagine will be here after him too.

• Subscriber

Regarding knowing what we want and what we're aiming for... I do feel our owners have genuine ambitions to make us into a big club and the investments being made in the stadium and training facilities are absolutely fantastic. These are moves that give off the impression that we're going places as a club.

But regarding actually getting there I agree - and I've explained my theory on this many a time, and I still maintain it, it's that we had a perfect set up for year on year progression that we abandoned, only for the shock replacement to produce the unthinkable - however in doing so, completely diverted away from that year on year progression we were making and in reaping our rewards for the success, we've lost our sense of direction and now just splash money wildly. I get making investments in younger players and signings like Maddison for example are perfect, but we still have this real problem with integrating new signings and the percentage of signings in the past three years that have been a success against the percentage in the three years prior would make a shocking reading. Complacency has well and truly kicked in here. I was happy with our summer and yet, once again, our signings are collectively not really performing. Other than Maddison I think they've been largely poor.

I don't think Puel's a terrible manager either but I don't think he's ever going to take us to where our owners want us to go eventually. I think he's made some positive strides for us but is forever limited by his very questionable in-game management. Like I say, I'll be surprised if he sees Christmas and if there's anything in this Jardim talk (that would be an extraordinarily good appointment if we pulled that off) then he probably might not even see Halloween. 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Don't Leicester have a bad record against west ham?

Before last season's loss at home to them we were verging on becoming a bit of a bogey side for them with a record of 4-2-0 from the last six meetings. It was our record at Upton Park that was absolutely criminal though. 19 defeats in 21 trips I believe before 2015. There and Arsenal were (and are still in Arsenal's case) our two real issues.

• Administrator

If Morgan comes back in the side later, I'll be seriously considering my support for Puel. I've backed him much more than some of our other fans who were vilifying and criticising him before he'd even moved in to his new office. 

But it's so blatantly clear to see Morgan is done at this level. Being sent off twice this early on in the season for just all-round shite defending just shows he's not up to pace for this league any more. Obviously majorly thankful for what he's done with us since 2011/12 and as a captain where he's got us to but there comes a time when a player is done at a certain level and that time is now for him. 

As an outsider it's hard to appreciate the negativity around Leicester. They've got a good infrastructure around the club, they've got a reliable but unspectacular manager, and they've got some excellent players, most of them very young - Ndidi, Maddison, Iheanacho, Chilwell, Iborra, Silva, those are players that are outstanding for a mid-table side.

Things might be a bit dour right now but I don't see any reason to be seriously worried. They're a couple of good signings away from being nailed-on top-8 material.

I Puel gets a bit of a hard time. I mean watching them now the football doesn't see bad although I'm not watching them every week so I'm no expert. But for me Leicester look like a decent team.

7 hours ago, Inverted said:

As an outsider it's hard to appreciate the negativity around Leicester. They've got a good infrastructure around the club, they've got a reliable but unspectacular manager, and they've got some excellent players, most of them very young - Ndidi, Maddison, Iheanacho, Chilwell, Iborra, Silva, those are players that are outstanding for a mid-table side.

Things might be a bit dour right now but I don't see any reason to be seriously worried. They're a couple of good signings away from being nailed-on top-8 material.

I feel a bit sorry for puel. At Southampton he finished 7th and got to a cup final and got sacked. I'm sure Southampton would welcome him back at the moment.  I think he might end up at Fulham

• Subscriber

As much as I don't think that should be a red card, the way things are these days Noble is mad to go flying in like that in the middle of the pitch. 

Nicely worked free kick for West Hams goal but Leicesters defending was poor. West Ham looked the better team once the game settled down but now it's going to be attack against defence for 50 minutes.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

As much as I don't think that should be a red card, the way things are these days Noble is mad to go flying in like that in the middle of the pitch. 

Nicely worked free kick for West Hams goal but Leicesters defending was poor. West Ham looked the better team once the game settled down but now it's going to be attack against defence for 50 minutes.

Why don't you think it should be red? Tackles like that have been red for years. As long as I can remember. It could have broke his leg

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Why don't you think it should be red? Tackles like that have been red for years. As long as I can remember. It could have broke his leg

Which I disagree with. Red cards are bad for football matches. Players shouldn't be sent off in my opinion unless they really have to be. Most slide tackles could break someone's leg if the angle of the collision is unfortunate enough or a player's studs get caught in the ground. Alan Smith had his leg broken once by having the ball kicked at it too hard.

That one of Noble's could have broken the Leicester player's leg if his leg was made of glass. He was hardly coming at him like a freight train. Clumsy and a definite yellow card for me but the red card is harsh.

Well fair enough that's your opinion. Think you're in a minority though.I agree all tackles can break players legs. But some have a much higher chance and that could of quite easily. We have to think about footballers safety as well. If I was s footballer I would want that to be a red

• The title was changed to Leicester 1-1 West Ham - Saturday 27th October, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived