• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 2-2 Arsenal - Sunday 28th October, 2018

football forum

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

With that free kick and then giving up that penalty we’ve simultaneously seen the best and worst of Xhaka. Such a weird player.

Don't think you can have a go at Xhaka for Zaha deciding to cheat...

6 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Don't think you can have a go at Xhaka for Zaha deciding to cheat...

Zaha’s clearly looking to draw contact, Xhaka leaves out a trailing leg for any player looking to draw a foul to take advantage of. Any player that’s looking to draw a foul will draw a foul out of Xhaka, easy peasy. Thought it was strange having him at fullback for that reason as well.

I love how rattled Arsenal fans are on Twitter about Zaha going down after contact was made. It's like they're completely oblivious to the antics of Holding against Leicester and Lacazette 30 minutes prior.

Dermot Gallagher's take on it all is spot on:

Crystal Palace 2-2 Arsenal

INCIDENT: Aubameyang puts Arsenal ahead at Selhurst Park, but there are questions of handball in the lead-up to the goal.

VERDICT: Wrong decision, handball.

DERMOT SAYS: It was handball, but it is a difficult decision to spot as my first reaction is, 'Is the ball in the net?' And it was only when I watched the replay that I saw Alexandre Lacazette handle the ball. So when it happened in real time, the big decision for the referee [Martin Atkinson] and the assistant was, is the ball over the line? But when you look at the replay, the ball has changed direction and so it is handball.

INCIDENT: Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi trips Cheikhou Kouyate in the area.

VERDICT: Correct decision, penalty.

DERMOT SAYS: Penalty. When you go to ground and do not get the ball, you are running the risk of giving away a penalty.

INCIDENT: Granit Xhaka brings down Palace forward Wilfried Zaha in the box

VERDICT: Correct decision, penalty

DERMOT SAYS: The player dangles his leg, takes Zaha down and the referee is entitled to give a penalty. I do not think he does [initiate contact], the leg comes out and Zaha has nowhere to go.

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 2-2 Arsenal - Sunday 28th October, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived