Man Utd 4-0 Everton
Man Utd 1-1 Everton
Everton 1-1 Man Utd
Man Utd 0-0 Everton

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Good time for us to play these. We should be confident and there's also no pressure on us to get a result having won the last three.

That said, apparently Lukaku hasn't scored in seven games and hasn't scored at home since July so I'll personally be asking for an advance on next month's salary to put it all on him to score at any time. 

Pretty sure we'll score at least one ourselves here too.

I'm predicting a 1-1 which would be a decent result for us despite Manchester United's recent struggles.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, True Blue said:

So Jose could be gone after this one :P

Every game Jose is a gonner tbh it would be better if he did go and then us supporters could get our sanity back but it looks like Woody Woodpecker and the board seem to think he will be another SAF re-incarnated!!  I will go for either a 1-0, 0-1, 0-0, 12-12, 10-10 scoreline... SEE WHAT I MEAN!! Jose has made me bloody insane. :whistling:

• Administrator

Can see this game either being a convincing win for Utd where Lukaku scores a hat-trick and Jose makes a point (or 3) about it. 

Image result for jose 3

Or Everton shit-house a win thanks to an own-goal from Sanchez in the 93rd minute and then Marco Silva starts playing a piano in the post-match press-conference as a tribute...

Image result for sanchez piano

50 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Every game Jose is a gonner tbh it would be better if he did go and then us supporters could get our sanity back but it looks like Woody Woodpecker and the board seem to think he will be another SAF re-incarnated!!  I will go for either a 1-0, 0-1, 0-0, 12-12, 10-10 scoreline... SEE WHAT I MEAN!! Jose has made me bloody insane. :whistling:

xD 

True he always comes in a certain period with every club that one game decides his faith. Can't see him staying in any club on a long term, no way.

By the way welcome to TF :bye:

All the stick!

Whatever happens he's elongated his legacy with a League Cup and Europa League at Manchester United... If he does get ousted let's see who can build on the foundations he has placed for greater things.

So ungrateful!

• Subscriber

Lukaku dropped to the bench for United. Looks like Rashford or Martial will play central with Mata on the right and Pogba the most advanced midfielder.

Unchanged lineup and bench for us. Richarlison centre forward and Bernard on the left. Andre Gomes alongside Gueye in the middle. Mina still on the bench along with last week's super-subs Tosun, Calvert-Lewin and Lookman.

• Subscriber

How does Gary Neville think that's a penalty. Gueye couldn't have won the ball more clearly. Pathetic.

Pogba's run up only to miss the penalty. You shouldn't be allowed to do that. Absolute biggest shithouse in football.

• Subscriber

Martial has Coleman on toast. Looking increasingly like that's the next are of the pitch that needs investment. He also didn't need to be all the way up the pitch when we were in possession before United's counter attack that led to Gueye's "foul" either.

• Subscriber

Did Pogba just hurt himself and go down after doing another pointless attention seeking flair touch off his chest and the referee gave a foul against Gueye for standing relatively close to him while he did it? Joke.

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Is there a worse side away to the 'big 4' than Everton? They are always hopeless. 

People always say this but which teams have a good record? Ours looks worse because we're the only team who don't miss out on a few years of getting dicked on at a time because we don't go on holiday to the Championship like every other team does. There have been occasions over the years where we've arguably been narrow favourites but not many. Today we've been second best but only narrowly, and it doesn't help in a match like that when the referee gives the home side a free goal and a massive momentum swing in their favour, just like it didn't help in our last visit to a top six side when Arsenal scored an offside Aubameyang goal against us for the second year running, not that that likely affected the result.

This Richarlison up front experiment is still providing mixed results. He's wasted as a lone striker when we spend so much time out of possession. Would put Tosun on for Bernard and Rich on the left. See above for my thoughts on Coleman which is the other notable comment o our performance in the first half. 

Seen plenty of replays of that penalty. No excuses for the referee at all even if the studio guests on Sky are trying to sympathise with him. I could see from the camera on the upper gantry that Gueye won the ball. Let's see if Martial gets retrospective punishment for deceiving the officials like Niasse did last year because the FA PrOmIsEd To Be CoNsIsTeNt.

Pogba showing himself to be an absolute thunder cunt again, more interested in his attention seeking run up than actually scoring the penalty and putting his team ahead. Got very lucky to score the rebound too. I've said it enough times but the bellend just proves my point week in week out, if I was a United fan I'd want him gone yesterday.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Did Pogba just hurt himself and go down after doing another pointless attention seeking flair touch off his chest and the referee gave a foul against Gueye for standing relatively close to him while he did it? Joke.

People always say this but which teams have a good record? Ours looks worse because we're the only team who don't miss out on a few years of getting dicked on at a time because we don't go on holiday to the Championship like every other team does. There have been occasions over the years where we've arguably been narrow favourites but not many. Today we've been second best but only narrowly, and it doesn't help in a match like that when the referee gives the home side a free goal and a massive momentum swing in their favour, just like it didn't help in our last visit to a top six side when Arsenal scored an offside Aubameyang goal against us for the second year running, not that that likely affected the result.

Villa when they were fighting for Europe used to do alright. Many smaller sides have picked up wins at the bigger sides, when was Everton's last? 13/14? And before that it was nearly a decade. It's awful stuff and i feel for Everton fans who travel to see them with that sort of record. Absolute mediocrity. 

10 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Villa when they were fighting for Europe used to do alright. Many smaller sides have picked up wins at the bigger sides, when was Everton's last? 13/14? And before that it was nearly a decade. It's awful stuff and i feel for Everton fans who travel to see them with that sort of record. Absolute mediocrity. 

He's right you know. Apart from the feeling sorry for them part

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

To be fair, I do agree. Taking each match individually there's a lot like today where we've played not shit but nothing out of the ordinary. We're rarely the favourites but you'd still expect a side of our underlying quality to win 10-20% of the time by the law of averages.

Under Moyes it was a mentality thing. Since then it just seems the constant period of transition we've been leads the players to subconsciously think it's okay not to cause upsets on the road because we're a work in progress with the exception of that one season under Martinez where we won at United, think we got a point at Spurs and a late equaliser to draw at Arsenal.

• The title was changed to Man Utd 2-1 Everton - Sunday 28th October, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived