• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 2-1 Everton - Sunday 28th October, 2018

football forum

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Disappointing result. Game could have been very different and we were thoroughly fucked over by that first half penalty but plenty that we need to work on ourselves. Coleman is a weakness for me and we aren't decisive enough in the final third still. Martial too much space for the second goal, in Coleman's area of the pitch unsurprisingly. United could have had more goals too but for Jordan Pickford who is ridiculously good again after a patchy first phase of the season.

Gomes looks a decent player, hopefully more to come from him. Walcott is pissing me off, gets into good positions but manages to be wasteful too often, not convinced about Richarlison up front, and not convinced Bernard is ready to be starting every game. Definitely think there's a case for Lookman to get a start soon as he's looking fairly sharp again.

Not shite, plenty to work on but more reasons to be optimistic than not still at this stage.

• Subscriber

Watching the analysis now. Second goal Walcott loses the ball with a bad touch then doesn't get back to put pressure on Martial. Pretty much confirms my hopes that he's dropped for next weekend. Pickford and Coleman both rightly giving him a rollicking.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Spike said:

I was embarassed to watch that penalty.

Ronaldo use to get stick for his penalty taking but Pogba's is shite, I wish he would just step up and blast a shot instead of thinking he was in the BBC's come dancing. 

25 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Ronaldo use to get stick for his penalty taking but Pogba's is shite, I wish he would just step up and blast a shot instead of thinking he was in the BBC's come dancing. 

At least Cristiano's weren't for show and had an inkling of trying to throw off the goalie.

• Subscriber

I've hated quite a few players in my time. Suarez, Gerrard are probably the leaders and for the sake of not picking on Liverpool you've got Diego Costa and perhaps Patrice Evra I never liked much. However, nearly always you look at these players and you'll begrudgingly admit that if they were playing for your team you'd probably love them.

That's what makes Paul Pogba truly special. I'd rather sign up to a lifetime supply of breakfast laxatives that I was contractually obliged to take every morning than see that mess in an Everton shirt. I don't care how much ability he has, with this guy I just draw the line. Today he missed a penalty and gave away a goal for his side, both because he was too busy showboating, yet because he got a goal from the rebound and an assist because he was the person to make a sideways ten yard pass to a player who scored a belter, he leaves the pitch thinking he's the man of the match and that the stats back him up.

Always said it but that boy is made for PSG. He could dick around for most of the season and add to his highlight reel without significantly costing his team potential silverware and only actually have to take the Champions League matches seriously.

• The title was changed to Man Utd 2-1 Everton - Sunday 28th October, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
On 28/10/2018 at 18:53, RandoEFC said:

I've hated quite a few players in my time. Suarez, Gerrard are probably the leaders and for the sake of not picking on Liverpool you've got Diego Costa and perhaps Patrice Evra I never liked much. However, nearly always you look at these players and you'll begrudgingly admit that if they were playing for your team you'd probably love them.

That's what makes Paul Pogba truly special. I'd rather sign up to a lifetime supply of breakfast laxatives that I was contractually obliged to take every morning than see that mess in an Everton shirt. I don't care how much ability he has, with this guy I just draw the line. Today he missed a penalty and gave away a goal for his side, both because he was too busy showboating, yet because he got a goal from the rebound and an assist because he was the person to make a sideways ten yard pass to a player who scored a belter, he leaves the pitch thinking he's the man of the match and that the stats back him up.

Always said it but that boy is made for PSG. He could dick around for most of the season and add to his highlight reel without significantly costing his team potential silverware and only actually have to take the Champions League matches seriously.

You've hit the nail on the head with Pogba. He's embarrassing. At least with your Costa and Suarez you can admit you'd want them on your side. This cunt represents everything wrong about the game.

Archived