talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paul Hurst Sacked by Ipswich Town; Paul Lambert In As Replacement

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Paul Lambert has been hired as Hurst's replacement.

Bloody hell, he is back, I wonder how long he will last at Ipswich!! 

2005–2006 Livingston
2006–2008 Wycombe Wanderers
2008–2009 Colchester United
2009–2012 Norwich City
2012–2015 Aston Villa
2015–2016 Blackburn Rovers
2016–2017 Wolverhampton Wanderers
2018 Stoke City
2018— Ipswich Town

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Lambert

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Danny said:

Played in the Prem, such a small time argument 😂 The amount of times I've heard someone gloat about having a season in the Prem and then getting relegated as if it's an achievement is ridiculous, being a yoyo club is not a big achievement. 

Being in the Premier League usually means doing well in the Championship the season before, so......... 

• Subscriber

Lambert's first game in charge and Ipswich lose 3-0 to Millwall, happy days ahead.

Edit: I think I got that wrong, Lambert was watching from the stands so maybe he is not in charge yet?

"New Ipswich Town manager Paul Lambert watched from the stands as Millwall inflicted another defeat on the Championship's bottom side."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45923356

Weird appointment. I have to hate Lambert now but i'll still never forget them 3 years he was our manager, unbelievable times. I wouldn't be inspired if I was an ipswich fan, he hasn't done anything of note since leaving us 10 years ago. He knows how to pick a sinking ship though, he's made some terrible choices of jobs/clubs

As for the big club debate, it's tiresome and if you're looking at it with a level headed approach, neither us or them can say we are clearly the 'bigger' cub. The two biggest factors are trophies and fan base. They clearly win trophies we clearly win fan base. Don't forget we don't get a couple of thousand more than them, it's about 10k!!! We also had loads of years of shit around the bottom end of the championship and league 1 and still averaged 25k.

Blackburn have won more trophies than Leeds it doesn't make them a bigger club.

Storts has always had a soft spot for ipswich. Villa's trophy cabinet trumps Tottenham's, does that make them a bigger club?

Ipswich lost Waghorn (12), Garner (10), Celina (7) and McGoldrick (6) in the summer.

That's their 4 highest scorers from last season.

All replaced by League One players unproven at this level. You do the math.

Asking for trouble. Worst team we have played to date this season without a doubt. Could have seriously put a big score on the board that game.

Going down for me. I can't see how Paul Lambert is going to keep them up, I really don't.

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber
13 minutes ago, AMG said:

Gone by the end of the season? :35_thinking:

Doubt it, Ipswich fans really like him and he's pledged to stay even if they go down. The ones I know don't place any blame on Lambert

Archived