Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Leicester Owners' Helicopter Crashes Outside Stadium

Just seeing pictures of it. Looks bad. Praying no one was hurt but doesn't look good at all. 

I feel sick just waiting for news, regardless of if our owners were on it or not. Bound to be friends/family of the owners if not just the pilot. Apparently the owners' son, Aiyawatt 'Top' Srivaddhanaprabha, was not at the game but his dad, Vichai, was. 

Sometimes the owners leave via helicopter so not sure what to think right now. 

:( 

Think it's due to be confirmed that Vichai was on board the helicopter :(.

No official news yet. Which I wouldn’t take either way, that’s not good nor bad. But from what I’ve seen, it’s going to be a bigger miracle than Leicester winning the Premier League if anyone survives that. 

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Some verified fella on Twitter, who’s been quoted on the BBC, saying the chairman was onboard. 

Yeah Ben Jacobs. Works for ESPN I think. 

Still speculation but I'm guessing before any news is officially broken, they're contacting family who are in Thailand, where it's middle of the night.

I think the owner and those on board are dead or they would have said otherwise by now.

This pace driving looks like a mark of respect for the dead and not an emergency situation.

Some fans saying they saw a drone nearby after walking out of the stadium which could have collided with the helicopter.

The drone reportedly a police one - may be linked to fan trouble after the game between some West Ham fans and Leicester fans (there was some trouble inside the ground near the final whistle).

R.I.P,  hard thing surviving a chopper failure given that because the altitude sometimes is not so high it would be kinda difficult to use a parachute and at least till now that's the only thing that could save you.

Edited by Berserker

28 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

I think the owner and those on board are dead or they would have said otherwise by now.

This pace driving looks like a mark of respect for the dead and not an emergency situation.

100% fatalities in that. No urgency whatsoever there. 

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

Some fans saying they saw a drone nearby after walking out of the stadium which could have collided with the helicopter.

The drone reportedly a police one - may be linked to fan trouble after the game between some West Ham fans and Leicester fans (there was some trouble inside the ground near the final whistle).

If that’s true, hell will be one. But I’d expect nothing less from the degenerates who support that club in Stratford. 

Looks like the owner & his daughter plus 3 others including the pilot are being reported dead by Italian & Spanish press according to Twitter. 

Some cunts updated his Wikipedia to say he’s dead to. 

RIP

13 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Looks like the owner & his daughter plus 3 others including the pilot are being reported dead by Italian & Spanish press according to Twitter. 

Some cunts updated his Wikipedia to say he’s dead to. 

RIP

Not saying you're wrong but how the hell do Italian and Spanish press know quicker than anyone else?! 

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Not used my drone in about 18 months now, too many idiots with them giving them a bad name. If someone's been flying one and caused damage to the helicopter then there will be a serious kickback from this. 

How old is his daughter? What a waste of a life if young. 

36 I think. All of Vichai's children are involved with King Power the business. 

I'm still trying to get my head around this happening. Still in shock I think :(

Absolute disaster. What a sad sad day.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Not saying you're wrong but how the hell do Italian and Spanish press know quicker than anyone else?! 

British Press will wait for an official statement to announce it which will be tomorrow morning,  there’s a process where next of kin need to be informed etc. 

Global press don’t have to worry about that I’d imagine and can print off a well confirmed source. I’m no press expert though 

Barely slept while waiting for some news/confirmation and get a text from my neighbour who said his mate was the pilot and his mates girlfriend was on the helicopter last night :(, and he's not heard anything since 8pm last night. 

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Stan said:

Barely slept while waiting for some news/confirmation and get a text from my neighbour who said his mate was the pilot and his mates girlfriend was on the helicopter last night :(, and he's not heard anything since 8pm last night. 

That's horrible to hear.

Whilst we're waiting for news on the owner and his family. It's important to remember the wider circle of people involved. The pilot, his family, there friends, the witnesses. Hopefully everybody gets the help and support they need.

football forum

RIP, terrible news.

I know a planes and helicopters are very different, but since the Chapecoense plane crash my last time on a plane going back to Peru, I've been terrified. I'm due to visit my family in Canada for Christmas, and I have no desire of boarding the plane. This incident doesn't help my case.

No good news to come from this at all (I.e. survivors), horrific situation.

RIP to all those involved.... 

Just reminds me of what happened with Mathew Harding all them years ago...