talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester Owners' Helicopter Crashes Outside Stadium

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

This set me off earlier as well after going to the NFL at Wembley. 

Classy touch, like they have done with other major events or disasters. 

It's really heart-warming and moving seeing all the tributes come in from other clubs as well, not just in UK but also rest of the world. Just goes to show the effect his leadership of our club and personality in general shone through and resonated with the world of football. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Not really the time given it’s still very soon after the announcement but what is the shareholding like at Leicester? Who owns the club now?

I'm presuming his son, Aiyawatt, will take the reigns for now. Vichai was always the chief owner but they would often be seen at games together and be the face of the ownership together too. Aiyawatt ('Top') has always been the most involved along with his father. 

• Administrator

Moments like this make you realise how much he was loved. Especially so with Vardy and Kasper, who it seems their relationship went beyond being players of the club. 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Not really the time given it’s still very soon after the announcement but what is the shareholding like at Leicester? Who owns the club now?

These are all things that will have to be addressed at some point, but you would imagine it'll fall to his son for now although I'd completely get it if he wanted to sell up given how hard it is for him to probably even face the place. I get the feeling from the messages the club have sent that he wants to create a legacy, but I'd completely understand if he wanted to call it a day here, and even if he did, what an impression they truly have made.

The footballing side of things are going to be very weird for a while. It's hard to know how the players and management will react to it, but I do think there will be significantly less pressure from the fans at this point as it's a tough time for everybody.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm not going to post the link to it but The Sun seem to be almost glorifying in having hold of some horrendous footage of the helicopter taking off and spinning out of control above the stadium. God knows how much they paid to have that footage. Such a shit rag paper.

I'd love to know who's sold it to them as well. Infuriated me that someone has sold themselves out for money in such tragic circumstances so soon after the crash.

Above that fury, though, is the solace in overwhelming volume of tributes from clubs, players and fans from all over the world.

This blew me away.

775250500-065.JPG

775249549-212.JPG

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Dan said:

I've watched the video. Can't bring myself to share it but to anyone who has seen it - I just cannot believe they took off after that puff of smoke at the start.

Apparently its normal, could have just been unburned ignition fuel. 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Stan said:

Apparently its normal, could have just been unburned ignition fuel. 

Fair enough. I'll leave it to those who get it. They're saying now it's to do with the rotor.

In other news, his son has today said he's committed to the club. Absolutely massive respect to him.

I think we need to temper our expectations completely this season now and I'm saying that as someone who has probably become a bit overly critical of everything. This is a very tricky period for everyone involved. Everyone must get behind the manager, players and other staff, and in-particular Aiyawatt.

No big demands from me. Just survive.

• Administrator

This is quite sensational. A true example of football family coming together. 

No obligation or requirement to do such a gesture or banner but out of fans own pockets and kindness in their hearts have this Watford fan group done this. Furthermore, any donations above target go to the charities in Leicester which Vichai committed to as well. 

Archived