talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester Owners' Helicopter Crashes Outside Stadium

A lot of reports coming out, from twitter mainly, that Spurs fans were chanting and singing during the minutes silence for the crash, you have to wonder if some of the more die hard minority fans harber any bitterness towards Leicester.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, DNA said:

A lot of reports coming out, from twitter mainly, that Spurs fans were chanting and singing during the minutes silence for the crash, you have to wonder if some of the more die hard minority fans harber any bitterness towards Leicester.

Doubt it's to do with Leicester if anything happened. Probably more likely drunk at a derby game causing it. 

• Subscriber

Still find everyone's reactions to this pretty amazing. Surreal seeing our badge appear at places like Forest. Even if you do expect people naturally to be considerate about it it's been quite overwhelming really.

47 minutes ago, Dan said:

Still find everyone's reactions to this pretty amazing. Surreal seeing our badge appear at places like Forest. Even if you do expect people naturally to be considerate about it it's been quite overwhelming really.

When things like this happen, the football tribes become a family. It’s happened before and it’s great to see. 

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

When things like this happen, the football tribes become a family. It’s happened before and it’s great to see. 

Tbh I always find it strange that people have to point out that "though I do support team x, y is a really bad event/disease". "Cancer has no colours" is another one.

Anyway this topic isn't the right one for that discussion....will Leicester have a game postponed for the funeral?

23 minutes ago, Danny said:

Tbh I always find it strange that people have to point out that "though I do support team x, y is a really bad event/disease". "Cancer has no colours" is another one.

Anyway this topic isn't the right one for that discussion....will Leicester have a game postponed for the funeral?

Yeah you're right although when you see some of the absolutely monstrous things that happen in stadiums over the world in the name of defending one's colours, then when things like this happen it kind of brings you back down to earth that humans do exist.  Like when that plane crash happened with that Brazilian team... It makes you think!

But you're right, this is not the place or the time to talk about these things.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Danny said:

Unlikely. The players have travelled over straight after the Cardiff game to Thailand to pay their respects and I believe have returned to UK overnight. 

Vichai has been given a royal funeral I think and they last a whole year. The King of Thailand died last year and obviously he was given that kind of funeral too. 

• Administrator

Vichai's son, Top (our vice-chairman), says he will commision a statue honouring his late father.

Can't think of a better way to honour him and maintain his legacy. For how much he did for our club, forever indebted to him.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/903495/statue-for-khun-vichai-vice-chairman-confirms-permanent-tribute/press-release

Khun Vichai’s son and City’s Vice Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha confirms the news in a personal tribute to his father in a souvenir programme for Saturday’s Premier League visit of Burnley.

Complimentary copies will be issued to all supporters attending Saturday’s fixture as part of the Club’s tributes to Khun Vichai and the four people that lost their lives in a helicopter accident outside King Power Stadium on 27 October.

Khun Aiyawatt, known affectionately to the Leicester City family as ‘Top’, makes the announcement following discussions between the Srivaddhanaprabha family and the Club on the most appropriate way to honour his father’s memory and the Club’s remarkable journey under his Chairmanship.

In the eight years since the Srivaddhanaprabha family took ownership of Leicester City, Khun Vichai helped transform the Club beyond all recognition.

Under his guidance, the Foxes established themselves in English football’s top flight, became Premier League champions and graced the UEFA Champions League for the first time.

His impact on the city of Leicester was immense – donating millions of pounds to worthy causes in the community and uniting supporters like never before with his acts of kindness and generosity.

“We will never be able to repay what he did for us – for me as his son, us as his family, everyone connected to Leicester City and beyond – but we are committed to honouring his memory and upholding his legacy,” Khun Aiyawatt writes.

“Our continued growth as a Club, our state-of-the-art new training ground and our planned stadium expansion will help realise his vision for Leicester City.

“I plan to commission a statue of my father, for outside King Power Stadium, as a permanent and fitting tribute to the man that made it all possible.

“He will forever be in our hearts. He will never be forgotten.”

Further details on the commissioning and the statue’s positioning at King Power Stadium will be confirmed in due course.

• 11 months later...
  • Subscriber
On 10/11/2018 at 20:16, Stan said:

:(

IMG_20181110_201217.jpg

I've only just seen that picture. Christ that's a sad one.

The walk is becoming an annual thing and it's happening at this weekends game - eerily enough, yet again it's against Burnley.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.35065dc5843fa054bad139d53a19d0c8.png

Memorial garden to open on Leicester City helicopter crash site

812245222_download(2).thumb.png.8abaa114161c570a58e9357c44a1ab4a.png

A memorial garden is to open on the spot where five people were killed in a helicopter crash.

The garden will be a "lasting tribute" to the five, including former Leicester City chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, who died in the crash outside the King Power Stadium.

The club said it will open on the one-year anniversary of the crash.

Floral tributes left since the accident have been composted and will be used to support planting within the garden.

There will be a private, multi-faith ceremony at the Vichai Srivaddhanapraba Memorial Garden on Sunday 27 October before it opens to the public at 14:00 BST.

The club said it has been developed as a "peaceful space" to protect the scene of the accident and form a permanent tribute to those killed.

Chief executive Susan Whelan said: "From the scene of a tragedy, we aim to build something peaceful... where supporters of today and of future generations can remember what one man's vision did for this club."

There are also plans to incorporate items such as shirts, scarves and flags into the planned redevelopment of the stadium.

FULL REPORT

why have you quoted the exact same thing the tweet is about xD?!

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Stan said:

why have you quoted the exact same thing the tweet is about xD?!

Shite...I only meant to post the picture of the flowers, not the whole report...blame the grandson who is running around annoying me...:whistling:  getmecoat.gif

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.765a10f1208ef33d43cb1659208c6df5.png

Leicester fans honour chairman on the anniversary of chopper crash

AAJ1GMV.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Leicester City fans have held a march to mark the anniversary of the death of former club chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha in a helicopter crash.

Thousands of supporters took part in the walk leading up to the King Power Stadium, where the aircraft went down following a Premier League match on 27 October last year.

FULL REPORT

Archived