talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester Owners' Helicopter Crashes Outside Stadium

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Stan said:

Barely slept while waiting for some news/confirmation and get a text from my neighbour who said his mate was the pilot and his mates girlfriend was on the helicopter last night :(, and he's not heard anything since 8pm last night. 

That's horrible to hear.

Whilst we're waiting for news on the owner and his family. It's important to remember the wider circle of people involved. The pilot, his family, there friends, the witnesses. Hopefully everybody gets the help and support they need.

RIP, terrible news.

I know a planes and helicopters are very different, but since the Chapecoense plane crash my last time on a plane going back to Peru, I've been terrified. I'm due to visit my family in Canada for Christmas, and I have no desire of boarding the plane. This incident doesn't help my case.

Shocking news and hope nothing terrible has happened (not totally upto date in any victims), but had they not been so elitist maybe this wouldn't have happened.  Helicopters (apart for emergencies) aren't really needed in cities to move around.

29 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Shocking news and hope nothing terrible has happened (not totally upto date in any victims), but had they not been so elitist maybe this wouldn't have happened.  Helicopters (apart for emergencies) aren't really needed in cities to move around.

He flies back to London after matches.

6 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I hate rumours. Seen rumours that Puel and Southgate were on board. 

When I think of how involved I am with this place and some computer games I think "am I normal?".

Then I think of some of the things people do on social media and I recognise yes, yes I'm normal.

23 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

He flies back to London after matches.

I imagined that was the case.  Maybe after this he'll drive!

It's not just his life on the line with something like this because if he wants to fly he can drive to an airport to fly back.

Awful. Why are people spreading rumours on here? just wait for the official news.

58 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I imagined that was the case.  Maybe after this he'll drive!

It's not just his life on the line with something like this because if he wants to fly he can drive to an airport to fly back.

Fucking weird things to say.. Weird person

• Administrator
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Mate there's a time and a place for that kind of 'elitist' comment and judging and this was not it. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Mate there's a time and a place for that kind of 'elitist' comment and judging and this was not it. 

Like I said, it’s shocking and my thoughts go out to any deceased or injured but there’s nothing wrong with commenting on how these things can be avoided. That doesn’t desensitise the situation at all. 

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

When I think of how involved I am with this place and some computer games I think "am I normal?".

Then I think of some of the things people do on social media and I recognise yes, yes I'm normal.

Yeah I know what you mean mate. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I'm sorry Baloon but you went full retard. It's not about elitism, it's about avoiding traffic and saving time. And you can also die in a car crash for that matter too.

35 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Like I said, it’s shocking and my thoughts go out to any deceased or injured but there’s nothing wrong with commenting on how these things can be avoided. That doesn’t desensitise the situation at all. 

I bet the chances of a car crash are higher than the chances of a helicopter crash, for a start. 

But you need to give the Internet a rest for today. 

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Azeem said:

RIP 

Balon has a point if the Helicopter crashed because of flying low in the city area. 

They do it every match. Its nothing out of the ordinary. 

Regarding helicopters and cars, I know of somebody who works as an operator in a helicopter as a full time profession. Youd be amazed about how stringent every check is before flying. If there's any concerns about weather, wind, clouds, certain temperatures, potential technical malfunctions they just don't fly. If they're approved to fly, they are far more safer than over 95% of the cars on road.

Yeah a car would be pretty safe if they were so expensive that you'd basically have the entire road to yourself.

In any case, it's a very sad occurrence, and if the fire started before the crash then it sounds more like mechanical fault than anything to do with how they were flying. I'd guess that if your aircraft catches fire, it doesn't really matter if you're 200 metres or 2000 metres above the ground.

Archived